Berkshire pontoons???? Are they good?

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Berkshire pontoons???? Are they good?

I guess it just bothers me when people don't really know what they're talking about, and we have a few of them on here.

People on the internet who don't know what they're talking about?

WaterDR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The issue seemed to be with this statement: The Berkshire is a good looking boat, but if you could really inspect the construction underneath the underskinning, you might find some short cuts you won't find in Bennington, Harris, Premier or Harris boats.

Which frankly, I see as no big deal. The author of the statement was not making any claims, just making a suggestion that to me, seems pretty reasonable and not over the top in any way.

There is plenty of a market out there for many boat builders. If you read their literature, hey will each convince you they build the best pontoon boat ever made. Also, let us not forget....these are pontoon boats. They are still sheets of plywood, sitting on pontoons floats with a motor and chairs. :)

lakegeorge

The issue seemed to be with this statement: The Berkshire is a good looking boat, but if you could really inspect the construction underneath the underskinning, you might find some short cuts you won't find in Bennington, Harris, Premier or Harris boats.

Which frankly, I see as no big deal. The author of the statement was not making any claims, just making a suggestion that to me, seems pretty reasonable and not over the top in any way.

There is plenty of a market out there for many boat builders. If you read their literature, hey will each convince you they build the best pontoon boat ever made. Also, let us not forget....these are pontoon boats. They are still sheets of plywood, sitting on pontoons floats with a motor and chairs. :)

I think you MIGHT find a lot of shortcuts on SYLVANS also, compared to Bennington, Berkshire, Harris, Premier, Tahoe, etc' it that ok?
I'm not making any claims just a statement.

WaterDR

I guess it just bothers me when people don't really know what they're talking about, and we have a few of them on here.

And apparently a few kids.

reax22

Cadet

ok, now looking seriously at a 2013 Bennington 24 SSRX -Mercury pre rig w/ 115 Hp 4 stroke -Triple toon express package -Two tone paint -In floor storage locker -Full mooring cover -LED lited bimini top -Chrome bennington logo upgrade -Portable cup holders -Upgraded reclining helm -Mocha carpet -Extended aft deck -Fish and depth finder -Docking lights upgrade -Ski tow bar -Custom tandem axle two tone trailer w/ brakes and full size spare. A sweet looking boat, but man!!! 36500.00?? I'm told its a good deal, and i've looked around AZ Nevada area.WOW!!! I rented one and did Lake Mead yesterday, definitely going to get one, but want to make sure i dont step in it, ya know???

reax22

Cadet

Wanted to know if the third toon is good bad or indifferent? Most are only 2. I know, get the biggest motor you can, but i'm just told the 115 is plenty, again, more info the better.

reax22

Cadet

i like the 7 year warranty, i'm told its the best

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander

The addition of a 3rd toon in and of itself will actually make the boat slower. You need to get something that 'planes' if you want increased performance. Take a look at this.

lakegeorge

Wanted to know if the third toon is good bad or indifferent? Most are only 2. I know, get the biggest motor you can, but i'm just told the 115 is plenty, again, more info the better.

A 24ft Benny with a 115 hp will only go around 25 mph if that's fast enough for you, then buy it. If you plan on skiing with a few people on board then get the bigger motor. The tritoon ride is way better than a 2 toon boat so if you boat in some rough water lakes you will want a tritoon.