been a lurker, but need some help asap.. please :)

voodoochikin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: How do I SET the high idle when starting cold without engaging the transmission

Re: How do I SET the high idle when starting cold without engaging the transmission

is it possible that the fuel pump diaphram going bad, cause this issue? I watched the butterflies on the carbs while i had it in the water. they were not opening while the engine was revving up doing its thing. So if its a massive airleak, could it be from a crank seal? a visual inspection of all the gaskets doesnt appear that any have blown out causing a gap. The carbs feel tightly bolted on. everything just looks to be in the exact shape as when I parked it for the winter. This is really disheartening.

voodoochikin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

SOLVED...... I was looking at the carbs closer just a little bit ago. They looked closed, untill i got my eyeballs right in there and seen there was a gap. I decided to losen the verticle tie bar screws and see if they would close. they did, all but the lowest 3rd carb. Due to the low placement of the carb I could not see into it. I was able to feel with my finger that the butterfly was not closing all the way just like the other two, almost but not all the way. I decided to use my phone and take a video for you guys. When i got my phone down there I was shocked. There was a bolt in the carb, holding the butterfly open. I was finally able to get it out, and it was a bolt that has been missing on the air housing since I bought the boat. WOW... idk how it got in there from where it was supposed to go. Cant wait to get back to the lake now.. thanks for the help and suggestions.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Told ya!

voodoochikin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

im telling ya, by looking into the carbs, the middle and top carb appeared to be closed, except the very tops werent touching. the middle and top carb were also not synced perfectly with the bottom, so they were actually closed a little more than the bottom.. i have no clue how long that bolts been hanging out in that area, because it's never been in that hole it was suspposed to be in. Im just glad I didnt have major problems, and need to spend hundreds!! Thanks!!

bentle

Chief Petty Officer

Hey we're all just glad that you didn't have that bolt get into the moving parts of your motor.
Glad you solved your problem and have a blast on the lake to.

Bentle

Ps thanks for posting your results so other may benefit from it.

foodfisher

Captain

I'm smiling. Love this site.

CoffeeHound

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm smiling. Love this site.

Very Big thank you for your return to post a "Trouble found reply" --many don't do this last Huge Step in posting .

Bet that motor runs just like it did last year now -- Enjoy it and remember
There is a solution to every problem, if you follow it step by step to the end !!