Be Careful While Fueling

briannh1234

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Be Careful While Fueling

Link -<br /><br />If I remeber it correctly, it was this month. I'll check.<br /><br />I can scan it with my scanner and convert it to a .jpg. Anyone want to host it?<br /><br />- Brian

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by briannh1234:<br /> Link -<br /><br />If I remeber it correctly, it was this month. I'll check.<br /><br />I can scan it with my scanner and convert it to a .jpg. Anyone want to host it?<br /><br />- Brian
email it to me brian.<br />grizzlybear310@zoominternet.net

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Kiwi Phil:<br /> Are you guys telling me you can insure an I/O with out a gas sniffer in the engine compartment?<br />I only got an old 25' Cruiser, and it is fitted with a double sensor, one down by the engine, one in the cabin (have LPG stove - but bottle out the back).<br />I turn power on, and don't do a darned thing till I have 2 green lights, and if I have a red, run the test and wait. <br />When gas is detected I hear and audable alarm. Not very loud though. <br />Would love to have a cut out to the ignition though.<br />Had to have this set up to get insurance.<br />The issue with them was not even negotiable.<br />I don't think it is 100% safe, but goes a long way.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip
No it's rare or non-existant to find insurance for snifferless bilges. But this doesn't prevent the skipper to ignore it.<br />They are very sensitive, and annoying under normal use.<br />As for the blowers, all vessels with enclosed fuel storage or engine compartments MUST have operational blowers per USCG laws. And they check them whenever they inspect any boat.<br /> Again, these blowers are usless unless used.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

12footer, you are right, the USCG will check for all safety equipments onboard when they stop you on water. Things like mirror, oar, throwable floation device, fire extinguisher, and many other electrical equipment installed onboard the boat to be in working condition. It is true, if you have blower install and not use them, then it is useless.