bassboat

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: bassboat

I can't vouch for your boat, but once you get the rubrail off, you'll see whether there is a bond or not. Usually the two sections are riveted or stapled, and there may be some sort of sealant, but it should seperate fairly easy. The fun part will be lifting the top off. I prefer the get-three-neighbors technique. Post some pics, that always helps....

Saperry

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just dis the same thing to a skeeter sf180 starfire. The top cap was rivited under the rub rail all the way around. Also the floor was screwed and glassed infront of the seats and around the front section, (mine is a fish ski with bowrider section). Those places are easy to separate. The transom is also bonded to the motor well where the upper motor bolts go thru. That is the hard one. I bought a book called how to replace fiberglass boat transoms. Alot of great information. Hope this helps.<br /><br /> http://www.fiberglassboattransoms.com/OldTransomBook.htm

bandit

Seaman

hey man where ya at in the ky. i'm just across the line in tn just pulled the top off a 18 ft astro glass. if your close to bowling green. maybe i can find time to come up and show ya what needs to be done to get the top off. and give ya a hand that is if ya don't mind a good ol boy from tn helping out hehe.

bandit

Seaman

you didn't step on any toes. i was born and raised in ny. live in tn now. so i guess i'm not that much of a good ol boy.just had to poke a little fun back. to bad your so far away i'd be glad to help. as long as someone hasn't glass over the original floor.it shouldn't be to hard to pop the top. took me and another guy after the boat was stripped.about 2 hours to drill the rivets.and bust the seal hardest part was busting the glass seal between the top and the bottom at the transom.any ways good luck. it is not as bad as it looks.