Bass Boat Resto Updates

JCNailen

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I know I just started another project just 3 days ago, but I couldn't pass this up. This was a Craigs List find. This guy has (had!) two 16" fiberglass bass boats - one is an Admiral, and the other a Striker. Each has a trailer, each has a Chrysler 75hp, but only one runs right now. Both have fish finders, and one has a trolling motor. I got the whole lot for $400!!!!

So, here's the plan. I like the green one better. I will decide later which has the better trailer. I'll put the running motor on the green one once I finish out the transom. After I combine what I need, I will gut/strip what is left for my other project boat. Sell the other trailer, and give away the other hull.

I pick these up this weekend. Here are the pictures that he sent me. I haven't layed eyes on these yet as they are 2 hours away.

Attachments

• DSCN0321.jpg
    DSCN0321.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0322.jpg
    DSCN0322.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0323.jpg
    DSCN0323.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0324.jpg
    DSCN0324.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0325.jpg
    DSCN0325.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 0

porkjuice

Cadet
Re: Bass Boat Resto Updates

In the motor pic theres somekind of pully on the right , any1 know what it's for?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

In the motor pic theres somekind of pully on the right , any1 know what it's for?

It is a cable steering pulley for the older type wire rope system....

bigj1972

Cadet

You mean by the engine on the right or over there on the side of the top cap with the big handle? If its around the engine, then the above post is right, it for stearing.
stearing.jpg

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Those old tri-hull boats are great fishing rigs. I have a soft spot for those old Chryslers. Good luck with your project!

JCNailen

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The pully you are referring to is an anchor pully.