NEED ADVICE ON 350 Mariner Purchase

dogfight

Recruit
Hello All,
I'm looking to buy a mariner 1997-2000. My concern is the following or should I be concerned; The boats I have looked and one have made an offer on that has all the bells and whistle's, but has T265 crusaders on the boat and there not Fuel injected like the mercruisers. I would like to know your opions on Fuel Injected Motors against Carbs for something I plan to keep for the next 10-15 years.

Thanks,
Dan

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: NEED ADVICE ON 350 Mariner Purchase

Merc/Volvo/OMC I/O and Inboard forum

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Welcome to iboats......:)
The fuel injected models will get better gas mileage, but the carbed Crusaders will be easier to work on if you intend to do your own maintainence.....
That will be virtually impossible on the FI models unless you have some tech experience, imho.......;)

paulrfrancisco

Petty Officer 1st Class

To all... aren't Crusader motors considered a "premium" motor choice... albeit still basically GM...? If so, what makes them better than the equivelent counterparts?

tommays

Admiral

There as far as i know allways full freshwater cooled with very high quality manifold castings

That seem to last longer than others with less issues with leaking gaskets killing the motor :eek:

tommays