bad oil pressure sending unit?

fourwinnsdook

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I noticed shortly after changing my oil my oil pressure gauge stopped working. I know i have pressure, and i check the oil all the time. where is the oil pressure sending unit located on a, 86 omc 4.3L? I'm thinking it's bad. any other suggestions would be great, thanks!

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: bad oil pressure sending unit?

Look on the intake manifold, by the t-stat.....:)

Bondo

Staff member

where is the oil pressure sending unit located

It's either at the Back of the Intake Manifold, next to the Dist........
Or,.......
Down low on the portside, just forward of the Oil Filter...........

Coors

Captain

I think a manual is in order....

Dakota47

Senior Chief Petty Officer

on my 1987 omc 4.3 the sending unit is back beside the distributer.

Coors

Captain

Not to be snippy, but if you don't know what an oil sending unit looks like; you need to read a good manual- one day, something will break out on the water, in a bad situation. and you need to know your engine...

fourwinnsdook

Petty Officer 2nd Class

JESUS coors what are you the Coast guard or my dad, or a manual salesman? I know i need a F****** manual but the point is right now i don't have one so either give me some usefull info or stop responding to me. People come here for information. not to be told to buy a manual. i know they are a nessecity, but i don't have one yet.My oil pressure sending unit is on the manifold by the distributor, and it seems to have some oil on it. i guess that would mean it's probably broken.

capthook

Petty Officer 2nd Class

JESUS coors what are you the Coast guard or my dad, or a manual salesman? I know i need a F****** manual but the point is right now i don't have one so either give me some usefull info or stop responding to me. People come here for information. not to be told to buy a manual. i know they are a nessecity, but i don't have one yet.My oil pressure sending unit is on the manifold by the distributor, and it seems to have some oil on it. i guess that would mean it's probably broken.

I know your very frustrated right now, but please try to take it easy and with a grain of salt. If you don't have a manual just state that very nicely and let everyone know that it is on your "to-do" list and they will understand and try to help until you get one. These guys are far more knowledgeable then a certified mechanic themselves sometimes, because they have been boating far longer then you and I have. Don't get edgy. Trust me you **** off the wrong person and you are going to get nothing out of this forum. Try to take the advice given and also the not so good advice and use it so you can get out on the water and enjoy your summer. My boat is running so well right now because of these guys and yours will to. Take a breath and be kind and GOOD LUCK man!

Dakota47

Captn hook, you got that right buddy, my boat is running great thanks to the info i got on the OMC Cobra`s. Thanks everyone..(i will be on the lake all weekend-ya hooo)

Dakota47

My boat is a Rinker V-180 OMC 4.3 V-6 Cobra ..(did i say it runs perfect now)

Bondo

Staff member

Look on the intake manifold, by the t-stat.....
& now you know where the water temperature sender is.......:redface:

Ayuh,...........

I saw That,+ wasn't going to say anything,......................:D :rolleyes: :cool:

180shabah

Rear Admiral

Amen, capthook.

Nice save there HM.