Bad experience in Texas

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Bad experience in Texas

Dealerships are usually higher priced, and usually won't do more than is needed. <br />The reason we charge a flat rate is to even the cost to everyone. See if it makes sense. The book says a fuel pump takes 3 hours, I know it can be done in 1. It isn't worth cleaning my shop, dragging the tools around, changing everything for that one hour labor. Then if I get it done in 30 minutes, 10 dollars just doesn't pay so we went by the flat rate per hour charge in the book. Now other jobs like say replacing a transaxle. The book says 4 hours. I run into a problem, it takes 8 hours. Then the customer spends twice the money on labor, unless the flat rate is charged by the book. <br />It is supposed to keep all mechanics equal on their labor charge for each job. It helps and hurts everyone equally.<br />Finally there is no way at all that I know of that a feul pump can be ruined by bad gas. It is impossible so far as my 20 years mechanicing is concerned. <br />If the garage really said bad gas caused it, find out how they came to that conclusion. I just can not figure any honest mechanic saying that.