Back on the water, catching fish

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Finally got the bugs out of our Starcraft Kingfisher and went fishing this morning. 🎣

My wife and the boy caught bluegill and I hooked a couple small bass which came off at the boat. My shoulders have been killing me for well over a month and I simply couldn't get a proper hookset. 😖

But, we had fun and success! :cool:

1.jpg

MRS

Commander
BWR, nice to get back out glad you had a good day and caught a few.
looked like a good boating day.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
A fish is a fish no matter what size. I should be fishing The Peace River and Charlotte Harbor this time of the year. Can't cross the border to get to the new place in Florida. Frustrating but necessary to keep people safe. I picked up the condo for a song in July.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
A fish is a fish no matter what size. I should be fishing The Peace River and Charlotte Harbor this time of the year. Can't cross the border to get to the new place in Florida. Frustrating but necessary to keep people safe. I picked up the condo for a song in July.
Yep, it was great getting back on the water after being land bound for 4 months. 🎣

Another good thing about that trip was that we launched and retrieved the boat quickly and without issues. A first for us! :ROFLMAO: :cool:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Yep, it was great getting back on the water after being land bound for 4 months. 🎣

Another good thing about that trip was that we launched and retrieved the boat quickly and without issues. A first for us! :ROFLMAO: :cool:
Make sure the plug is in, if there is a plug. The best thing for launching and retrieving is a plastisized check list. I know it's not a 747 but making sure you have all the safety items you require and all the proper steps getting in and out of the water is worth it. I have heard the horror stories, I forgot the plug once, that spare plug and knowing exactly where it was saved the 19'er from totally sinking. A buddy once had his boat and trailer pass him on the highway once. Lucky no one was killed. He thought his brither strapped the transom down his brother thought he did. CHECK LIST. Good luck boating and good luck fishing. #1 on the check list, no bananas on the boat, NEVER, EVER!!!!!

Johnny D, Selkirk Ontario, Canada. (Directly across Lake Erie from NY and Erie PA. )

MRS

Commander
Was ready to leave to Havasu for camping and fishing Wednesday all hooked up the night before. Woke up sicker than sick so no go. Smoking a turkey now for neighbors and us might be able to enjoy a little of it anyhow hope you all have a great Thanksgiving .