BABY BOOM!

Pony

Rear Admiral
Re: BABY BOOM!

I would like to go too.....even though I'm part of that generation.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah, its really quite sad out there. The district I teach in had eight 8th graders expecting this last year. What the heck are they thinking? You want to know? They want someone who will love them. What?!!! Oh yeah, love alright! Dirty diapers, midnight feedings.... Oh yeah, that's love for ya. And the Daddies will disappear and the girl's Mom and Dad will raise another child. My job is to help her get to graduation. Poor babies(both). Where are the good examples they should be following. Nowhere around.<br />Its just so sad!!<br />Bassy

ZmOz

Captain

When I graduated last year about 5% of the female studends were pregnant. Many people here blame that on their refusal to teach anything but abstinence. That DOES NOT work in 2005! Nobody has called me for child support, yet... :D

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by wildbill59:<br /> .... how many went to Planned Parenthood for a coat hanger treatment .....
I don't think anyone does coat hangers anymore. Probably a more modern medical procedure is performed by a doctor.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

BTW, what is the racial profile of Timken High School and the economic status of the town? <br />I took a look and found this:<br /><br />The numbers represent content in Canton High, and the state average: <br />African American 40% 12% <br />American Indian 1% <1% <br />Asian <1% 1% <br />Hispanic 1% 1% <br />White 59% 85% <br /><br />55% of students receive free or reduced-price lunch in that school.<br /><br />Their test scores are actually pretty good.<br /> Test Scores<br /><br />I suspect it is a bit on the economically repressed side of the scale, based on this quote taken from another website: <br /><br />" The socio-economic figures are equally discouraging. Timken students are much more likely than the average Ohio student to be on subsidized lunch, live in temporary housing, live on other public assistance, and live below the poverty level. The kids having these kids are no doubt living the same life their parents did. And at each level of the way, we are subsidizing this behavior."

D

DJ

55% of students receive free or reduced-price lunch in that school.<br />
That's pathetic. What the he!! is the matter with us??????

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Proud to be an Ohioan but embarrassed by the story. What the h*ll else can I say at this point? :D :rolleyes:

agitator

Petty Officer 2nd Class

As a person who works regularly with public assistance supported people I can tell you that a large percentage wanted to get pregnant, for some this is not their first child, there is no embarassment involved, they do not want an abortion and see this event as an extra monthly income stream. Thanks Lyndon.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

I guess we can thank all of the social programs for that. It affects the blacks in the ghettos and the whites in the trailer parks equally. There's a whole lot of folks who want to sacrifice for their family but there are just as many who won't. Why should they actually work when they get hand outs from the government? Get your check on the first of the month and see what happens after the money has been spent two weeks later. Good idea, we're advancing as a civilization due to this, I'm sure. I'm speaking from experience. I hit rock bottom a few years ago and I saw it with my own two eyes. Many social programs (not all) just make the situation worse. Get rid of welfare and spend the money on job training programs, don't spend a single penny on people who can be able bodied workers. I work my a$$ off for my dollar and I have a boat. Don't tell me that other people are "poor" and "disadvantaged," and deserve my tax money to carry on. Been there, done that. Stop whining. Get a job.

KaGee

Admiral

I've always thought that to be true agitator. Thanks for substantiating my theory.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't think anyone does coat hangers anymore. Probably a more modern medical procedure is performed by a doctor.[
Mark- you're right, since everbodies got that new fangled electricity invention they just use vaccumn cleaners now.<br /><br />Family values are priceless and cost nothing.<br />Today it's "jeez, I can have a kid and be somebody"and somebody will pay attention to me. <br /><br />That wasn't what the Creator had in mind.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Well what do you all expect in a culture of instant gratification, where the families have been torn apart, there is no right and wrong (everthing is relative), everyone is free to choose their own morality and the perpetrators are treated and coddled like they were the victims?<br /><br />Some day maybe the smartest amongst us (Progessives?) will begin to connect the dots.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br /> Many people here blame that on their refusal to teach anything but abstinence. That DOES NOT work in 2005!
Hmmm, that's funny ZmOz, it seemed to work quite well for many a generation. Maybe we're missing some point here. ;) <br /><br />Notice that it was claimed that the girls wanted to have babies. How in Heavens name would an alternative to abstinance have any effect whatsover?