Azure 200 Prop Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauly99

Recruit
I recently bought an Azure 200 with a Merc 5.0 EFI Alpha Bravo. The boat is heavy (3950) and under powered. We are on a small lake and spend most of our time tubing/wake boarding but generally have a full boat (8-10 people). I am looking for hole shot and mid range as opposed to top end. The boat has smart tabs. I am hoping another Azure 200 owner can share what prop is best or anyone with input on what prop to test. Thank you!

Bondo

Staff member
I recently bought an Azure 200 with a Merc 5.0 EFI Alpha Bravo.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Ya got an Alpha,... Or a Bravo,....

2 very different drives, so ya can't have both,....

SteveJM

Recruit
I recently bought an Azure 200 with a Merc 5.0 EFI Alpha Bravo. The boat is heavy (3950) and under powered. We are on a small lake and spend most of our time tubing/wake boarding but generally have a full boat (8-10 people). I am looking for hole shot and mid range as opposed to top end. The boat has smart tabs. I am hoping another Azure 200 owner can share what prop is best or anyone with input on what prop to test. Thank you!
Go with a 4 bladed. I bought an Azure 188, it came with a 19" prop, and was in a similar situation. I switched to a 21" prop and it improved the boats ability to plane dramatically. Some have commented that doesn't make sense, however that's what happened. It planes much quicker and stays on plane at lower speeds, I'm going to try out a 4 blade 21" prop. The Azure hull is designed to pull air under the boat to make the ride more comfortable at speed and that works. However it does seem the break in the contour near the back of the hull impact planing a bit, it's a trade off. I've noticed it is really smooth at speed when cruising.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Go with a 4 bladed. I bought an Azure 188, it came with a 19" prop, and was in a similar situation. I switched to a 21" prop and it improved the boats ability to plane dramatically. Some have commented that doesn't make sense, however that's what happened. It planes much quicker and stays on plane at lower speeds, I'm going to try out a 4 blade 21" prop. The Azure hull is designed to pull air under the boat to make the ride more comfortable at speed and that works. However it does seem the break in the contour near the back of the hull impact planing a bit, it's a trade off. I've noticed it is really smooth at speed when cruising.
If only it was that simple. You have a different boat and perhaps even a different engine and ratio too. Just one of them and a whole load of other Variables mean that suggestions like this usually fail to help questions like the one above. Despite your attempt to genuinely help the guy out, I’ve no doubt. All the best.

jbcurt00

Staff member
@SteveJM please refrain from posting to old inactive topics.

Start a topic about your Azure and props you've tried/discarded.

Neither Azure owner topic you posted to has seen any activity by that owner in well over 3years.

Neither are likely to get or reply to either post

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.