Aviod Shopping Centers Oct.31 {rumor}

sony2001

Chief Petty Officer
A strong rumor is spreading here. An Arab abandoned his girl friend of 5 years in August, only leaving a note telling her he must leave and not to fly on Sept. 11 nor go to a shopping center on Oct 31. The only reason this rumor is being posted by me is because last night the head of the FBI requested extra vigulance for the next week.<br />iboat is my only access to Americans. I don't think that I can create more concern than already exists.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Aviod Shopping Centers Oct.31 {rumor}

No problem for me, Sony...I avoid them malls like the plaque daily. The wife sure likes them, so I'll pass it on. Maybe I won't get stuck sitting in "Smoker's Garden" for half a Saturday. :D <br />Not to make light of it, but if we alter our habits,the evil ones win a round. Not gonna happen. I will go to work,come home and play on the boats, logon to the web and make myself vulnerable to terrorist's email bombs.<br />It's how life has changed in the U.S. i guess.

Philby

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm with 12 footer.<br /><br />Shopping is one of the real evils of the world !<br /><br />You just have to get on with life.<br /><br />I actually own the bullet with my name on it, so I sleep easy .

rwise

Captain

That one has been kicked as a bad joke! I don't visit the malls they are to costly! I will not change my life for these ~~~~~~s (self edit) if I did it would be to go over there and fight!<br /><br />Richard

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ahoy, Sony. Like 12Footer I avoid Shopping Malls and other crowded and/or noisy places as a matter of my choice. Ebay is my kind of shopping.<br /><br />However, I will not allow terrorists or gossip to determine how I live or where I do it. The information you have given us has been around for a while, and many yanks are planning to go mall shopping today as a gesture of defiance.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

evin300

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for your consideration and concern sony, take care

sony2001

Chief Petty Officer

Now the U.S. gouvernment is saying the same thing but different date. That's good reason enough for me to go back to the top of the postings! :rolleyes:

GarageGuy42

Seaman

It's always going to be like this as long as the insane camel jockeys are on the loose. My wife works in a mall and I just told her to make sure you know where the back door is and run like hell! If your number is up then it's up. Live it and don't worry.