attwood (michigan wheel) ballistic

Silver Heels

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello,

I came across a new "attwood ballistic 13 1/8 x 19p" stainless prop. Apparently Michigan Wheel now makes this prop. My 1990 120 hp johnson currently pushes my 20' mirrocraft cuddy nicely with a 19p aluminum prop. My question is, do you think 21p might be a little much? I am not out for holeshot, just want to cruise at a little lower revs. Also, this is a high performance prop, and my boat is no bass boat. The price at $120 is right, just looking for a little input before I make a mistake.

Thanks

hwsiii

Commander
Re: attwood (michigan wheel) ballistic

Silver, in one statement you talk about a 19" pitch ballistic and in another one you talk about a 21" pitch ballistic. What are you current WOT RPM and speed with your boat right now. And how much further up can you raise your motor from where it is now on the transom.

H

Silver Heels

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the reply. To clarify, I HAVE a 19p aluminum prop and would like to upgrade to a 21p stainless ballistic. I guess I need to go out and see what kind of rpms I am pulling at WOT to make sure I am hitting them with my current setup. I can't say I've ever actually gone full throttle as silly as that sounds.

hwsiii

Commander

When you have those numbers come back and we will run some numbers and figure out what you can do Silver, Also check how many holes you can raise the motor if needed.

H