attaching photos, what am I doing wrong?

tfret

Petty Officer 1st Class
..not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but here goes. I've posted lots of pics in the past and I currently have an ongoing thread on the floor replacement I'm working on. Suddenly I am unable to unpload pics and I don't know why. I'm using the utility provided on the website but I keep getting a little orange circle with an exclaimation point inside it. No other info. I'm guessing the file size is too big (although its never been an issue before). Can someone please help me out here?

Maclin

Admiral
Re: attaching photos, what am I doing wrong?

If the pics are on your local PC drive then use the Insert Image tool icon/button just to the left of the filmstrip icon to upload them. If they are on a hosted site then use the Link icon/button, looks like the earth with handcuffs, er, 2 links from a chain.

Augoose

Lieutenant Junior Grade

..not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but here goes. I've posted lots of pics in the past and I currently have an ongoing thread on the floor replacement I'm working on. Suddenly I am unable to unpload pics and I don't know why. I'm using the utility provided on the website but I keep getting a little orange circle with an exclaimation point inside it. No other info. I'm guessing the file size is too big (although its never been an issue before). Can someone please help me out here?

I'd say post a screen shot of the error you're getting but.....:facepalm:

What web browser are you using?

tfret

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm doing it exactly like Maclin says, using Internet Explorer. I get the little pop up window, I can browse to my pc and select the images, then I click upload and get a bar graph like its uploading, then to the right of the bar graph the orange circle with exclamation. No other info.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That portion of the forums is broken, and has been for 2 weeks. If you want to post pictures, you will need to use one of the photo sites like photobucket.

Did you notice the yellow note bar at the top of this page?

Yellowbar.jpg

jimray

Recruit

i cant even figure out how to right a post, what am i missing

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i cant even figure out how to right a post, what am i missing

Looks to me like you did, however, if you want to post a new thread of your own, just go to the main page of the forum, then just above the first thread in the list, on the left side, click on the Post New Thread button.

tfret

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Don. I'll try again maybe next weekend.

surfnalong

Recruit

That portion of the forums is broken, and has been for 2 weeks. If you want to post pictures, you will need to use one of the photo sites like photobucket.

Did you notice the yellow note bar at the top of this page?

Yellowbar.jpg
I'm guessing this was never fixed? When I click "insert" it just brings up a pop up window for an external URL. How dumb for a site like this that we cannot attach photos and need a third party to share boat photos? What am I missing here? The wrong boat site perhaps?