At a complete loss here!

deanbrantley

Cadet
So before I took all my fuel lines, recirc, and primer hoses off to purge/clean out, I took pictures of them. Then erased by accident. No problem, pulled out the old trusty manual and..nothing! There is nothing showing where the individual hoses plug into, just a routing schematic which is useless. I have most of it figured out but cant place 1 of the small primer size hoses. There is a larger hose that connects to a nipple under the flywheel right where the top bearing is at. It runs down to the lower bearing and just about 2 inches before the lower bearing it has a T fitting. It splits into a small hose, the size of the primer hoses. The small hose itself has a T that splits in about a 2 inch, than about a 6 inch small hose. I have been all over this engine and can't find anywhere it plugs into. HELP! Its a 1987 Johnson V4 VRO 120

Last edited:

sutor623

Rear Admiral
You must not have a factory manual because it explains it to a T.

If you 87 is a looper (which I think it is) then I believe you have the same block as me. Here is a diagram for the recirc hoses and check valves. Not sure it I have the primer hose or fuel line routing but it is pretty simple. Ill see if I can pull it up.

Last edited:

deanbrantley

Cadet
Unbelievable!! No Sutor, my Seloc manual does not show this.So simple,What I did was plug another line between the lower left cylinder nipple to the nipple on the back of the intake thinking, logically, all the other lines from the back of the cylinders are the same, that is, plugging straight into the back of the intake manifold. All the while I was completely negating the recirc system. So I pulled ( what I erroneously thought was a cylinder primer line) the small line I installed and plugged the split line from the bearing line to the intake and on to the lower left cylinder. Fit like a glove. So friqin simple, Thanks so much.

Last edited:

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Sure thing bud, glad I could help.

Not to mention those recirc lines are a ROYAL PAIN to get on with the throttle bodies/carb bodies on. Oh and with the fuel pump in and electrical box on the port side it is IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Last edited:

deanbrantley

Cadet
Yes, I have had those off 3 times now thinking I missed something hidden behind. Whats the difference between a sadist and a masochist? The masochist says "Buy me a Johnson 120 VRO". The sadist says "NO" !