Arthritis Remedies

dolluper

Captain
This weather up here is nuts plus 16 C =60F one day -41C = -41F the next day, the pressures going up and down like a toilet seat ,cold and damp ,feel your arthritis Yet!!. I have some in the lower back from and old racing injury and I fill it with these temp/pressure changes ,I have taken Gluesomine Salaphate [natural product] that builds up cartleigh with alot of sucess ,but a Chinese Medisine oil called " WOODLOCK" is the cat's meow it works fantisic for me , Medicated Oil the wife rubs in [could be what,s making me feel good you know ] But seriously now what works for you other suffers

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Arthritis Remedies

Knees, I use a heating pad, usually provides relief, but not for as long as I'd like. My knees are simply abused, not sure if Arthritis has a role in it. There are some stick on pads on the market that do real well. They say Not to apply to skin. I do apply to the skin with no harm. Good luck! Hope it softens for you.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

I havn't found anything that works, but a homeopath friend gave me a jar full of white raisins soaking in gin the other day and said to eat 8 raisins a day and see if it helps. Havn't tried yet, but I guess I will soon, makes as much sense as most the other fixes I've seen out there. At least I know the gin works...Chief :)

dolluper

Captain

I heard the top half of a bottle of RYE works good to CHIEF

gaugeguy

Captain

"Granny" Clampett always took a "jigger o' moonshine to cure her rhuematiz"

one more cast

Captain

I had to leave my job about six years ago due to RA.I've tried tons of natural and man made remedies. Embrel worked the best for me but I lost my insurance so at $400+ per week that is no longer an option. I am now on 7.5 mg prednisone plus 1000 mg naproxen daily. Exercise also helps.

dolluper

Captain

One More try the WOODLOCK it gets you mobile works fast but mentol stinks [part asiprin in inged's]

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

NOT approved by FDA for human use, but used by a lot of arthritis sufferers is DiMethylSulphOxide (DMSO) applied topically.<br /><br />Some dissolve aspirin in it before application.<br /><br />DMSO penetrates tissues. It is used by tree surgeons as a vehicle to carry chemicals into trees to treat various tree ailments.<br /><br />DMSO was studied in the 60s as a possible vehicle to carry immunizations into human tissues and to carry other treatments as well.<br /><br />It was NOT approved for that use, or any other use on humans. I do not know why it was not approved.<br /><br />I am not recommending it. Just letting you know that some people use it.

spratt

Lieutenant

I like to go up to Canada, buy some 222's (very light Codeine SUlphate in Aspirin. The aspirin works pretty good itself, but the light dse of Codeine just hits the spot. There isn't enough to make one high, and one would get sick trying to take enough to do so, but for me they work wonders. And they cost only about $5 american per bottle. I really only like them when I go to bed to get some comfort, as the crtilage in bot knees was worn out on a job I had at Boeing Aircraft Company. Plus i used to ride dirt bikes and have more broken spots than Carter has liver pills...one injury, a cracked vertebrae, healed with a slight lump INSIDE the section where the nerves run through, and when I exert a lot using my back, the nerve bundle becomes inflamed, so have to use Motrin or Ibuprofen. The prescription Motrin 800 mg works best.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> I had to leave my job about six years ago due to RA.I've tried tons of natural and man made remedies. Embrel worked the best for me but I lost my insurance so at $400+ per week that is no longer an option. I am now on 7.5 mg prednisone plus 1000 mg naproxen daily. Exercise also helps.
Hey, OMC...isn't naproxin the drug that was just listed as one they were going to take off the market because of heart problems it caused? That is also the drug in Aleve!!! Just a light dose...

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class

One More Cast...What is that naproxen doing to your stomach? Are you taking something for it cause I was taking 350mg and it started eating my stomach lining. 1000mg is a lot!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I just get out of bed and grit my teeth every day. People think I am mad at them, because of my grimmace, but it's just pain.<br />Since I allready take aspirine,protonix and diovan, I drew the line when the doc perscribed Naproxin...Not happenin. I filled the scrip, but haven't touched the pills.

spratt

Lieutenant

My Doc also told me that losing weight would help a lot...what do those stinkin' Docs know...any how???!!!!

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

OMC,<br /> I feel for ya man. My wife has had RA for 30 years. She's on Enbrel and Bextra now and doing pretty good. I wish they would find a "miracle cure" for this dread ailment.

one more cast

Captain

I quit taking naproxin once....a week later I couldn't walk. I know its bad but If I don't take these drugs I can't do anything and the pain leads to fatigue and I just wish I were dead anyway. I don't want anyone feeling sorry for me. There are a whole lot of people that have it a lot worse. I can still do a bunch of stuff and enjoy life like I never have before. Its the little things that are truly important. The stuff most people don't even notice.