Arkie Roundup Roll Call. Please Check In and Tell Us How Many In Your Crew

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Re: Arkie Roundup Roll Call. Please Check In and Tell Us How Many In Your Crew

Thank you gentlemen. We'll be thinking fondly of the pros who set the precedent.:)

BigLee324

Petty Officer 3rd Class

not real sure how we will reconize each other, so the secret phrase is ; whispering," arkie round up" shh-- don't tell anyone
Anyway once you figure a spot to congregate i'll figure out a way not to go anywhere near there.
It will be late evening before we get in , i have to work on friday, coming down after.

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well, I am offically out of this years get together. I gotta work next weekend. :(

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well my tow vehicle to a crap saturday so don't know if I can get it fixed before friday. Have ignition issues, so litle power i had to put it in 4 low to get the boat out of the water :( FML

The Rooster

Ensign

Well my tow vehicle to a crap saturday so don't know if I can get it fixed before friday. Have ignition issues, so litle power i had to put it in 4 low to get the boat out of the water :( FML

This is not good guys. "Smoe", it can't be a FORD !!!:D

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class

lol how did you guess. 05 expedition, got the ignition issues worked out, now i need a new cat and o2 sensor. hoping its good after that.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Dadgum, smoe. What'd you do to that Expy?

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class

It is a story that needs to be told over a beer. I got it fixed (hopefully), Im gonna tow the toon around tomorrow just to make sure.

If all goes well it looks like we will be headed down there friday afternoon around 3pm. do we have a game plan, who all is camping out. Anyone willing to pick up a Bday cake for my admiral for the potluck (of course you will be compensated, trying to keep it a secret)

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Great news smoe. I still don't know for sure how many will be camping and probably won't until Friday night/Saturday. Several had indicated in the other thread that they'd be there and would camp, but they haven't checked in here, so here's the best I can do for a plan. Here's a map of the Brady area. http://www.divesitesinarkansas.com/contact.html#anchor_65 My preference would be that we camp on that part of the lake since everyone who isn't camping is staying at Brady. Some time between now and Friday call me at five01951one86threefive so I'll have your number, then call me again to check in when you get to the lake Friday. I'm sure you'll beat us there because I won't even be able to leave the office until 4:00, so let's say if you're able to grab a nice spot go ahead and do it; preferably something that will be easy for our compadres to find. I'll come up with an iboats sign to make it easier.

I'd like for us all to come together around 5:00 Saturday evening on the island for the potluck and admiral smoe's birthday. I'll be glad to be your cake gopher. We can talk about it when you call.

If you or anyone else has any better ideas for any of this I'm all ears. It's going to be a little disorganized just because of what it is, but at least we'll all be together Saturday evening if nothing else. Even though I don't know for sure who all is coming I do know there will be enough of us to make it a great time. Everyone check your PMs ASAP.

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sounds good. Hopefully we aren't the only two out there lol. I'm hoping to splash by 5 o'clock. Since my wife is pregnant we probably wont be camping, but will try and find a decent spot on the island out there for those who are camping.

The Rooster

Ensign

Sounds good. Hopefully we aren't the only two out there lol. I'm hoping to splash by 5 o'clock. Since my wife is pregnant we probably wont be camping, but will try and find a decent spot on the island out there for those who are camping.

You won't be the only ones out there !!!;)

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well I talked to Coop today and it sounds like I might be the first one out there. I will try to find a good spot for us to meet up. Hopefully I can get out there before the rush and stake out a spot. I labeled some the places I have camped on a google map here:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=...d=217614125924248790141.0004c6cb72d320d4ba502

If anyone had some suggestions let me know or add them on the map. I should be splashing around 4pm hopefully. If anyone has questions or needs directions call me at 501 786 four2one6

The Rooster

Ensign

We should be running around there on the jetflea, "smoedog". What boat will you be in?

TICKFAW 200 053.jpg

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll be on a 24' aqua patio Flying a flag

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Good idea guys. I'll be in a 21' Suntracker with a tan bimini top (I know that really narrows it down:rolleyes:) with a stars and stripes windsock. Cliff, I have your number of course. I still don't have a count. I PMd everyone who expressed interest or confirmed their attendance and thus far have only heard from you guys and scoyt, who can't make it.:( I guess we'll be who we be.:D

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class

More beer and potluck food for us lol

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I am surprised. I thought there would be more people involved. I wish I could be there! Drink one for me!

spdracr39

Lieutenant Junior Grade

We aren't gonna make it. Maybe next time :(

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Yeah, I'm surprised too. Several said in the other thread they'd be there, but they're now MIA.:confused: It's been my experience (and others' as well based on what I've been told) that a disconcerting number of folks beginning with my generation don't place much of a value on doing what they say they'll do, but I'll stop there because I didn't bring my soap box with me. Oh well. We'll have quality even if we don't have quantity.:) Still hate you can't join us, scoytster.:(

lncoop

Vice Admiral

We aren't gonna make it. Maybe next time :(

That's too bad. Was looking forward to meeting you guys. Hope you don't think my last post was directed at y'all. We were typing at the same time it seems.