Area 51

gonefishie

Commander
What's your feeling about it? I don't understand how it could be exempt from public knowledge. We know about NORAD and other important places, why not area 51? So what if there are really aliens craps going on there. I don't care if aliens are here, do you? Just tell the truth and put all rumors, speculations to rest. Are they worry that we will revolt if the truth is revealed or what?

Bifflefan

Commander
Re: Area 51

Rumors are just that and the Gov. can call them that.
Plausible Denability, If no one says anything then no on is lying.

Also lets say there is something there, Then what?
The world is full of wack jobs That live to start DRAMA. Just look at the TV programing on today, Jerry Springer and such. These trailer trash people just live to make life difficult for hard working people. Show like this are top rated. Leaving no room for intelligent or entertaining programing.

A person would be able to handle the truth (if there is a truth) but people cant, As a group people are dumb and panicky.

I could go on for hours on this subject, and dont even get me started on a person on welfare with 6 kids that all have different dads.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Well the truth behind Area 51 is as follows:
EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

And later on it was disclosed EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

Simply amazing stuff when they EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

I really doubt they would do it.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Call Bob Lazar!

They moved most of the secret stuff OUT of NV area 51 and into UTAH...thats where the newest base is! Some say near the 4 corners region other say near salt lake, some near green river ut...

read the frt page of this website
http://www.aliendave.com/UUFOH_TheNewArea51.html

goto Teekaboo peak in NV for a better look yourself...good luuck tho as its many miles to the base...not any real views from there anyways since the BLM gave the govmnt the land nearby...used to be able to go to freedom ridge I believe it was called in the old days and get a decent look......

also...possible areas of bases are anywhere that the space shuttle can emergency land...(bases)

no Im not a UFO whack....haven't seen one either... all info is from TV and internet

SkullValley_UFO_calender_w_closeups_sized.jpg

2000410712094650187_rs.jpg

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

When it is essential to keep what you are doing from your adversaries it is also, unfortunately, essential to keep it from your friends as well.

Those who insist on trying to expose these secret operations may claim a right to know, but all they are doing is aiding our adversaries with treason.

That is my opinion on the topic.

JustJason

Vice Admiral

hehehe... I love crap like this :D

I think area 51 is a real place. I think it is a place where they are making the "stealth bombers/fighters" of tommorow, along with other militarized ventures.
I think the only way we'll know exactly what is going on at area 51 tommorow is if WW3 happens today, and we see all the stuff flying out of there flying to where they are flying off to.
Keep in mind the stealth bomber, the B2, has been around since the early 80s, but the public didn't know about it until the late 90's. If the same holds true the stuff that's in area 51 now, probably won't be made public until the 2020's, and its just a cycle that will repeat over and over, with the latest and greatest always being hush-hush and rightfully so. There's many projects that have been confirmed being developed at area 51, most of them stealth aircraft projects.

Do I think there are aliens at area 51? No way.
Do I think there are aliens in our solar system... Nope... They'd be here on earth. Where would you be if you were an alien? Getting your tan on on Mercury? Gettin high in the atmosphere of Venus? Doing a little skiing on Pluto??? Heck no, I'd be in munich during oktoberfest macking on over developed 19 year old blonde hair blue eyed bavarian women and drinking beer by the das bootful :)

Do I think there are aliens in our own milky way galaxy as well as many many other galaxies. Absolutely. Mathmatically its just playing the odds game. I'm sure there are many different species of aliens not just all over our own galaxy, but all over the known universe, with many of them more advanced than us, and many less advanced.

If aliens have the capability to cross light years, i'm fairly confident they didn't crash a galactic stones throw from old meh'he'co. And in the remote posibillity that they did, i'm sure they more than posessed the technology to recover their crash without us even knowing about it. Surely such a technological civilization would not be intimidated by whatever weapons we have today, let alone what we had in the 1940's.
And I certainly don't believe in the conspiracy theory junk that says our leaders are selling us out to an alien civilization to be their slaves. Thats just nonsense. I'm more likely to believe there was a civilization on Mars that existed a billion years ago that migrated here when that planet started dying, and technically, all earthly beings are martians.

Don't get me wrong though, I personally would love a tour of area 51, I'm always facinated and amazed by new technologies.

gonefishie

Commander

hehehe... I love crap like this :D

Don't get me wrong though, I personally would love a tour of area 51, I'm always facinated and amazed by new technologies.

That's what I would love to see happen. Take a camera crew in there and show them around.

gonefishie

Commander

When it is essential to keep what you are doing from your adversaries it is also, unfortunately, essential to keep it from your friends as well.

Those who insist on trying to expose these secret operations may claim a right to know, but all they are doing is aiding our adversaries with treason.

That is my opinion on the topic.

I do respect your opinion JB and you're probably the person with the most wisdom on iboats. I just wish the authority would just lets us in on what's going on. Just because peoples know what they're working on doesn't mean they can duplicate it or defend it. The F117 have been publicly known for 20yrs and nobody duplicated it or able to detected it until it's too late.

v1_0

Chief Petty Officer

Meh.

Y'all need to think about this a bit. You don't hide secret stuff in a NOT SO secret area. You move it to another secret area.

The fact that people know about area 51 means that it is no longer a place to hide "the good" secret stuff in. Sure, you go ahead and hide some of the secret stuff there, just to keep peoples attention AWAY from the other place where you hide the real secret stuff. And, of course, you secretly let out the secret that you are keeping secret stuff in Area 51, while secretly hiding the real good secrets in another, very secret, secret area.

And that's how you keep secrets.

witenite0560

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's what I would love to see happen. Take a camera crew in there and show them around.

Yeah, do you see the Steelers giving the Vikings their playbook? No! When you're talking about some of the technologies and weapons systems that get developed in places like Tonapah there are good reasons why access is limited. Lives depend on it.

We're not talking about a game between football teams. We're talking about an advantage over people who want to kill us and our way of life. You don't let a camera crew go in and give that kind of stuff away, just so they can have "the scoop" on what's new and exciting. Nor, does the average Joe have a need to know about a lot of it, for the same reasons.

Most of the time, it's just a matter of security protecting us all. Sure, now and then someone is overzealous about something. But, I'd have to say the vast majority of the time they mean well, they're not be conspiritory. .02 worth.

Last edited:

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah, do you see the Steelers giving the Vikings their playbook? No!

The difference is the Steelers admit there is a playbook. You don't need to get into details in order to appease most people.

As for my thoughts on Area 51.. our military gets away with stuff right out in the open and little is done about it.. what good would knowing about Area 51 do? That same nothing will come of it.

As for aliens existing, the math is there for life to exist elsewhere. Our planet is special in our neck of the woods, but it is only special for our biological systems. Life elsewhere could require vastly different conditions to thrive.

Do I think we've been visited? I have no idea. I also think even if we have and people have proof, the majority of the population would never believe them anyhow. Heck, we still have millions of people on this planet who think the Earth is only several thousand years old and dinosaurs never existed. I hope if we have been visited, they passed us by, for their sake.

Knightgang

Lieutenant

Aliens at Area 51, NO!!!

Aliens in the Galaxy or Universe, Not by my belief, but that is not what this thread is about...

Now, Area 51 a place for secrets, yes. I believe so. Are there more secrets elsewhere in a MORE SECRET location, sure... I bet in more than one place...

Now, why hide all of this from the American public, National Security and an advantage with military weaponry and intelegence technology... Think back to the SR71 Blackbird. That plane was all but retired by the time the US public knew about it. By that time it had been flying for almost 20 years or more... Gathering inteligence and keeping us one (or more) steps ahead of the USSR during the cold war.

Now, does the gov't let some secrets slip, sure they do. It is planned as well. Once we build somehting better than its previous version, we let the previous version slip just a little so that our enemies go "HOLY ****", the US has been able to do that? Man, we are in trouble, now we have to try to match it... What they do not know is that we can do that, but actually so much more... and they will never know...

Except, now this in on a public forum, and our enemies now know (because I spilled the beans) that we can actually do more than we advertise. But they do not know how much more...

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

As for Area 51, I don't really care what is there. I believe that there are a lot of things that the common public does not need to know about. Heck, the best M.I. the Iraqis had was CNN. What does that tell you?:eek:

I personally think Area 51 is all but abandoned. Keep the public eye on one place that "nobody knows about" and do your business right in plain sight.
That's what I would do.:rolleyes:

As far as aliens go, even with an open, unbiased mind I could not see the reality in it. But, to keep on subject I digress.
Now, if the Visitors DO show up, I will eat my humble pie.:p

rbh

Fleet Admiral

When you look into the nights sky and you see all those little idy bidy stars out there.
You would have to be really really narrow minded to think that we are it in the grand scheme of things.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Any one who has ever spent any time with Crypto clearance or even Top Secret clearance has a different feel for the importance of secrecy and the well-meaning stupidity of people who try to penetrate it.

Now. If you get caught in the exclusion zone you will probably be killed. Does that sound like some conspiracy theorists game??

JustJason

Vice Admiral

Any one who has ever spent any time with Crypto clearance or even Top Secret

Amen to that. I had a job MIT doing menial inventory type work years back. I was elected by my bosses at the time to go through security to get cleared for sensitive areas. It took close to 6 months but I obtained my clearence. (of which what level I will not say).
I will say that I saw some pretty awesome things. Some things I had no idea of what they were or what they did. And here's the kicker with clearences.... Your not allowed to ask, it's forbidden, verbotten, etc. Thats part of the deal when you are even considered to go through the process.
So as a simple inventory boy at age 19 I was threatened (or more like sternfully made well aware of during the clearence process) with the brig if I even asked a scientist "hey what is that". It was a very much "do your assigned job and thats it" atmosphere. And after going through all that, it's very much the way it should be.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

There ar no space aliens at Area 51. I'm sure of this, because they are all at my house, playing with my pet gator, Phideaux. They're really funny to watch, because when Phideaux get a little too pushy and tries to eat one of them, the others levitate him, play 1950s "war of the worlds" type music, and make him smack himself in the head with his tail.

I swear!

???

Jeep Man

Commander

Didn't you guys see Men In Black. It's all true. My cousin had a friend whose brother's boss' sister had a yoga instructor whose father was a techncal assistant on the set.

scipper77

Commander

I work in a government funded research lab and we sometimes have classified operations. The area 51 situation is dead simple in my opinion. There is a base there that seems to be a perfect spot for classified project development. As long as what goes on in the building remains secure and classified it does not matter what we think is going on.

They will never move the base because it is in a perfect location where there is no clear view of the base from anywhere on land. Locations like this are hard to duplicate. Also I'm sure that there is a large amount of infrastructure development to the base. You can't just build another facility like this every time people figure out where the latest one is.

Some times we just need to just bite our tongues and let the government have it's secrets. Everything is not a conspiracy!! People just tend to freak out when they know something is happening that is being hidden from them. Imaginations go wild and paranoia sets in. Secret projects are necesary.