Are there any Handgunners on the board?

oddjob

Commander
Re: Are there any Handgunners on the board?

edit:<br /><br />are we talking registered or non registered?

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Are we talking water pistols...?

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> Link, should we get together and start our own little army?!?! Maybe get Flahthead, Carpy, and from the sounds of things Mrs. SW (with her arsonal I bet she would be dangerous at a certain time each), and a few others here to join - the iBoats brigade!
LOL and wow 2:30 pm local time during lunch break!<br />This IS a iBoats brigade!<br />Someone mentioned Reg-jest-turd?<br /><br />Well... yes ... ofcourse! OK one is, because I bought it new a couple years ago... :eek: does this mean I'm on the "List" now??? <br /><br /> :confused: :)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by 62_Kiwi:<br /> Are we talking water pistols...?
Only if Kerry gets elected! :mad:

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Be glad you don't live up here! Left my guns at a son-in-laws - that's my story and I'm sticking to it!<br /><br />The gun registey is so screwed up it's not usuable: for 2 billion you think they could build a decent DB. Hey spratt would you like a piece of that pie -- some one is making big bucks. Like the same thing you could run Hillary next election.<br /><br />I have owned several handguns and rifles - a couple that haven't been mentioned. Ruger 30 cal carbine, fast and hits with the punch of a 44 mag. Don't have it now; but, do have AMT 30 (in the USA)(for any RCMP reading).<br /><br />Only brought my dad's 284; figured if I lost a gun that would be the one my son's and son-in-laws would miss the least. All other are in the USA and the kids know who gets what. I retain ownership just incase we move back.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

The FN is the type that takes the longer .38 bullets.FN has made pistols on special order from governments.The '22 was a typo.I meant .22 it is a barrel used for target practice.I bought it at a time when the price of the .45 bullets was to high for me to just practice freely.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

played with a fully auto oozy once,sounded like a kid blowing a raspberry!I'd like to see someone hit the broadside of a barn with it.It was cool though.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> The '22 was a typo.I meant .22 it is a barrel used for target practice.I bought it at a time when the price of the .45 bullets was to high for me to just practice freely.
Ceiner conversion?<br />I always thought of them as the best made conversion for the 1911.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

My FN looks like this:<br />www.gunrush.com/firearm/Fn-Pistols.htm<br />The top one.I got the .38 version through my army unit.<br />(edit)<br />I like it a lot,although it is only a .38, the longer high velocity bullet makes it a power house,while the kick back is absorbed in the gun.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Rolmops, I am thinking that it may possibly be a .38 Super. That caliber is close to .38 Special, but it's definitely not the same. The .38 Auto was the predeccessor to the .38 Super, and I was thinking that your pistol may have been quite old. the .38 Auto has not been offered for a long, long time.<br /><br />Just to satisfy curiosity, why don't you look at an ammo box and verify the caliber? Keep in mind that .38 Auto, .38 Super, and .38 Special are all different critters. I looked at a similar Hi-Power today at my local gunshop. It was in .40 S&W, and I must say it was a fine looking handgun!<br /><br />Bomar, Kimber now is offering .22 LR conversion of its own, and I understand that the quality is very high. I'd like to have a kit, but my .45 is of the Para Ord persuasion and would reqire a wide-bodied magazine which I am 99.44% sure is not available. Just another reason I need a Kimber 1911-type pistol! :D <br /><br /><br />-dd-

rolmops

Vice Admiral

The one I own was made in Belgium in 1969 on special government order.Its ammo is .38 special.<br />This caliber is not available on the open market as far as I know.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I know.. I'm just asking for it... :D <br />Yes.. I've got a fair collecton of guns..<br />
10746_sm.jpg
<br />It an Arrow ETF50PBN.. Shoots T50 rounds.. Full automatic.. And it ain't registered.. :p <br />
10754_sm.jpg
<br />Arrow JT21M Junior Tacker... Hard to find ammo for..Don't use it much..<br />
H_1078_S.JPG
This things bad... 80 watts...<br /><br />I want one of these bad boyz..<br />
RN175.jpg
<br />Porter-Cable RN175 Roofing Nailer.. Fires nails up to 2 and a half inches long as fast as ya can pull the trigger.... :D SWEEEET!<br /><br />sorry if yall can't take a joke.. Just having fun.. :p

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Hey snapper...that Porter-Cable is an evil assault roofing nailer. <br /><br />Bad snapper! You're not allowed to have fun! ;) <br /><br /><br />-dd-

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Awwwwww.. But I wanna be an evil Roofing mercenary for hire.... :D :p (S. Florida.. good $$ in that field at the present time)

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by aspeck:<br />Link, should we get together and start our own little army?!?! Maybe get Flahthead, Carpy, and from the sounds of things Mrs. SW (with her arsonal I bet she would be dangerous at a certain time each), and a few others here to join - the iBoats brigade!
Count me in....said I'd never join the Army, but with you guys...he## yea! I'll play! :D <br /><br />And yea, it has gotten a little scary around here a few times during
a certain time each month
;) :D

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by dogsdad:<br />Bomar, Kimber now is offering .22 LR conversion of its own, and I understand that the quality is very high. I'd like to have a kit, but my .45 is of the Para Ord persuasion and would reqire a wide-bodied magazine which I am 99.44% sure is not available. Just another reason I need a Kimber 1911-type pistol! :D -dd-
Yeah, know about the Kimber conversion...I am just not a big Kimber fan. I have an FFL (had a shop for years) and a long ago Kimber put the screws to me so they are not in my good book.<br />I really meesed up a few years back when I could have picked up a Colt Ace conversion unused, in box,for next to nothing. <br />Jarvis conversions are available.<br />If you can fabricate (or come up with) a mag well filler (not hard at all) for your double stack Para Ordanance the Jarvis will work for you.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

That's a shame, Bomar...I mean about Kimber not treating you right. Thing is, Kimber is not really the same organization they were twenty years ago. They are making some really top-notch stuff, and if you could forget about the bad stuff long enough to give Kimber another try you might feel lots better!<br /><br />Both Colt and Smith & Wesson have pulled some shennanigans in the past that really PO'ed a lot of shooters, but I think most have gotten over that stuff by now and forgiven them. They too are not the same organizations under the same leadership as during the bad ol' days.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

It was not the quality of the Kimber products...it was their determination to cut the throats of the dealers that invested a lot of $$$ in inventory to become a Kimber dealer.<br />Shortly after going with their program (many other gun manufacturers have similar programs) they dropped all special pricing to those dealers who had invested in their products and everybody and their brother was suddenly selling Kimbers - and actually paying LESS for the guns than we did. And no, this did not cause the retail cost to drop either. <br /><br />Springfield Armory is another company that has burnt a lot of bridges among dealers.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Boman76 I can understand where you are coming from but a Kimber .45 is a great gun, hands down. How do you think I feel? My ex-wife is named Kimberly. We had a bad, bad break up and are still not right today years later. The new wife is awesome in every way. It still kind of makes me feel weird when I tell someone my favorite gun is a Kimber in front of her. If there was a manufacturer that made a Maureen .45 in the same quality I would have to buy it but there isn't so I will keep my Kimber.<br /> Also it is really nice to see more then just me has more then one gun. I had a cop tell me one time "what in the hell do you need all those guns for, trying to start a army" and all the neighbors think I am crazy for having that many? I just cant bring myself to sell one. I still have every gun I ever bought (down to my Davis .380/ junk,junk,junk wanted a Taurus) and a few more when my father in law passed.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Again, it's nothing to do w/ Kimbers products, it's their businees practices that put them on my "Do Not Own" list....<br /><br />I also have never sold I gun that I bought for personal use.<br />I checked the safe and came up w/ 7 more handguns that I forgot to list earlier :D