Are there any Handgunners on the board?

NathanY

Commander
I love to shoot, just as much as I love the fish. Bought me a new CZ 40B in cal. 40S&W. I have to say, it is the most accurate smooth shooting $300 gun I have ever owned. If I had to compare it to something I would compare it to Beretta 96 or Sig Sauer P220. At the range I shot a 280 (out ot 300) at 25. I was using Winchester bulk round 165gr.<br /><br />So who else shoots, and what do you shoot?<br /><br />My gun:<br />
CZ40.jpg

spratt

Lieutenant
Re: Are there any Handgunners on the board?

Nate, I have owned a few handguns in my lifetime, though I wouldn't calssifiy myself as a "handgunner" by trade:) My first was a little .22 derringer type over under with a rotating firing pin that shot only .22 shorts...until my bro-n-law put longs in it and blew the thing up in his hand!!! Served him right!!! And he would n't even repay me the $15 I paid for it!!!!<br /><br />My other ones have been a S&W .357 revolver and a German of an un-remembered caliber...Ilove to shoot 'em, and will probably own another someday.<br /><br />I may even apply for a permit to carry and get me a good 9mm or .45 to carry...

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I own a FN 38 special and a colt 45 pistol.The nice thing about the colt is that I can put a '22 barrel on there for target practice.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm have had a few sidearms.<br /><br />Browning Nomad .22 auto.<br />Ruger Super Blackhawk single action .44Mag.<br />Ruger Blackhawk single action .357Mag <br />Ruger Single Six convertible single action, .22 and .22Mag<br /><br />Currently have <br />Taurus PT-.22 auto <br />Ruger P-90 .45ACP auto.<br /><br />Want a 1911A1. Best handgun I ever handled. Wish I could get it in .357mag.

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Believe it or not guys....I own:<br /><br />2 - Taurus 9MM<br />1 - 22 rifle <br />1 - AK47 (that shoots like a dream)<br />& 5000 rounds of ammo<br /><br />And man do I like shootin' 'em! I have on my Christmas list a Ruger Super Blackhawk .357 Magnum! <br /><br />One of my 9MM's is an old worn out thing that shoots more accurately than the others. I keep that one close in case I need to pistol whip someone! :D

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Mrs Soulwinner:<br /> One of my 9MM's is an old worn out thing that shoots more accurately than the others. I keep that one close in case I need to pistol whip someone! :D
If it shoots more ccurately, then LORDY why wouldja wanna use it to whip someone??? Just BLAST 'em:) But I guess that is the kindness showing through?<br /><br />Sounds like a really nice arsenal, there, I envy ya!!

one more cast

Captain

I have a few handguns but don't shoot much anymore due to what rheumatoid arthritis has done to my body. I was a pretty good shot at one time but I'm sure I must have lost it.<br /> Ruger Super Blackhawk single action .44Mag.<br /> Charter Arms Pathfinder double action .22<br />Ruger Single Six convertible single action, .22 and .22Mag

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

OK I'll put some of it back up<br />9mm Ruger<br />9mm Beretta<br />AR15<br />S/W 357<br />7mm Mag Savage<br />few shotguns 12,16ga<br />PSI & Bear compound bows(just as deadly)

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Currently a Baretta 40 cal the best shootin iron I've carried in a long time. Over 2000 rounds through it and still going.<br />I have a Taurus 40 cal for off duty carry. Modeled after the Baretta. Just as nice but rattles a little.<br />Have shot many in my time. At a class with the ATF.<br />My favorite that day would have to be an old German 9mm sub machine gun. I like the MP5 for effect only, good close quarters but not accurate.<br />Favorite rifle would have to me my M14. Good smooth and accurate. <br />Took a 454 cassul off of a mope. Just had to test fire it before destruction. Was fun but a little heavy.<br />I had a tech 9 in my hands once. Also fun but not of much value.<br />Fired a fully auto AK57 once. Was very heavy and had bad barrel climb.<br />Favorite calibre would be 40 cal. It is lighter to carry than a 45, has plenty of knockdown power, and carries a flatter shot. 45 drops bad, 9mm doesn't have the knockdown.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Heckler and Kock USP Compact .45 acp., amongst others. Then ya'll'd expect nothin less, would ya? ;) <br />Sweet shootin for such a lil' thang.<br /> <br />
038224.jpg
<br /><br />The H&K USP Compact is, as the name implies, the compact version of the H&K USP. <br />Like its larger brother, the compact is available in three calibers, 9 mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP, with the .45 ACP version having slightly larger dimensions than the smaller calibers. <br />The Compact in its 9 mm version has been accepted as the new gun for the German Police. <br />Weight: 1.7 lbs (.78 kg) <br />Caliber: 9 mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP <br />Barrel: 3.5 inch (8.75 cm) <br />Action: Double action / Single action adjustable. <br />Range: 165 ft (50 m) <br />Payload: 13 + 1, 10 + 1, 9 +1 <br />Cost: $ 800 to $ 1.050 <br />Made in: Germany <br />Special: Compact version of the USP, polymer frame.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I too like 40 S&W, a good versitile round. I have a 9mm Glock currently. 9mm doesn't have a bunch of knockdown but I doubt the dirt bag that catches two to the chest in my hallway will say "thank God you only shot me with a 9 mil". I have had two other Glocks and a Mossberg pistol grip short barrel 12 guage pump. I enjoyed the Mossberg, a whole bunch of fun. Fired just about everything in the Army from the lowely Beretta 9mm to an M1 Abrams tank. Tanks and Bradleys ( was a Bradley gunner for a looooong time) are fun, but the good ol' Browning 50 cal macine gun is probably my favorite all around arse whoopin' gun. I don't shoot like I used to, but that will change soon as I am getting into law enforcement within the next few weeks.

fixin

Anybody shot one of those Desert eagle 50cal's?

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I shot one once. Fun, but had a bit of a kick to it. I feel that it is best left to the movies or those who are a bit under-endowed if you catch my drift, not a lot of real world use. Looks real nice though...

f_inscreenname

Commander

I have 7 handguns and a few long guns. As for handguns, If I was in the woods without a cleaning kit for months I would want my (Russian army issue) Makarov 9mm. You can throw it into the mud, kick it around a couple times, pick it up and pull the trigger. It will fire every time and about as accurate as if it was clean. <br />For the pride of the fleet I must go with my Kimber - Custom Royal 1911 .45acp. No better gun made under a thousand bucks. Beautiful, balanced, smooth, perfect! <br />If I want to get peoples attention at the range I will take out my (copy- Made in 2000) 1851 Navy .44 black powder revolver. Can you say BOOOOOOMMMMMMM.

woodrat

Ensign

I like to shoot, and have fired a bunch of different handguns in my time . The only handgun i own is a russian makarov 9x18, which is actually a pretty nice gun for the $120 i paid for it new in the box. I also really like my buddy's S&W target 22 auto. I don't know its model # but it has a nice big heavy long barrell and is really accurate. I don't really like my brother's Glock much though. I think they are pretty over-rated. I have shot a desert eagle 357, but not the 50.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Used to shoot a lot and still have my reloading equip.<br /><br />Ruger .44 Super Blackhawk, long-barrel, 2-screw<br />Ruger .357 Blackhawk long-barrel, 2-screw<br /><br />Forgot to add, suprisingly I'm a democrat.

LadyFish

Admiral

I really want a hand gun, but I think Mr. LF and splatt are skeered. :p

tylerin

Commander

Para Ordinance 45 They use to build lower ends for Colt 1911<br />
Anybody shot one of those Desert eagle 50cal's?<br /><br />
Yep Whole lotta gun. Fired it when it first came out years ago

fixin

just curious, it's a bad looking gun,I can't see buying one unless you were a collector or big game hunter.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I'm a handgunner too, but I ain't tellin' how many of what I have. I'll just say "plenty!" A few rifles too.<br /><br />I'd like to see rolmops's "FN .38 Special." Never heard of an FN-made revolver. I'd like to see that 22-foot barrel that goes on his .45, too. ;) I think he musta meant 22-inch!<br /><br />Rolmops, where did you come up with a 22-inch barrel for a .45 Auto??<br /><br /><br />-dd-