FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I would like a bow-lifting prop for my 21 SeaSwirl/Johnny 150HP combo. Aluminum props are fine since with the shallow draft of the boat, I hardly ever hit bottom. Does such a product exist?
Re: Are there any aluminum high-performance props?
I have a pair of these hustler props on two merc 115 on a 22 ft fishing boat.The props looked like they was used to grind a stump when i bought the boat.I dont know what the original pitch on the props was.I belive they was around a 17.But at any rate i had no traction with the old props like i has spun hubs and i didnt.I had no bow lift what so ever so it took a second to plane out.Now with the new props a 19 pitch i can pretty much mash it out of the hole.I got a quite abit more bow rise.I have two big trolling plates off each motor and i hear they hold your bow down.And i belive i got a lil better gas milage.I highly doubt that they come close to a top dollar stainless prop but for what they cost.You cant go wrong run mine all summer now 100+hrs all the paint is still there.And they deffinatly make your exhuast flow a lil better u can hear that at an idle.But that is my opinion on the prop.
Re: Are there any aluminum high-performance props?
We'll assume that you don't have a jackplate since you didn't mention one. For that application and overall use with good bow lift I'd suggest a Stiletto. Great props, decent lift.