Are all boaters republican?

Status
Not open for further replies.

f_inscreenname

Commander
If you read any political posts here it sure seems like there is a republican majority here. Being born in 1968 the first real impression that was imposed on me as a kid came from the VFW hall. All the Vets telling war stories on how America saved the world and we were the biggest and baddest country on the planet and we didn't take crap from anyone. That was the way it was till the Iran Hostage crisis. Day after day (in class, on the news, yellow ribbons on trees, etc) I was told that this little country had us by the short hairs and we were to weak to do anything about it. Also day after day I wondered why we didn't just go over there and nuke them (still think we should have), then there was the rescue attempt, another failure and that is how my impression of Jimmy Carter and for that matter all democrats came about. Weak and afraid to pull the trigger. Don't get me wrong old J.C. is a great man and I would be proud to call him a friend but as president well......just the wrong man at the wrong time. <br />Then came Ronny. Hostages set free, U.S.S.R. falls apart, economy takes off...... Man the 80’s were F_in great and I was a republican for life. Now (being a boater for all my life) I still believe in saving the environment and of course being a subcontractor the economy is high up there but first of all I feel we must be strong and not take crap and I don't think the Dem’s are up to the task. To steal a quote from Fox my family is “fair and balanced” (the wife is a registered Democrat) and that is what we usually tell the neighbors this time of year that we are just balancing loudly. This year its been kind of quiet. I think the wife will be voting for G.W. this year unless something drastically changes. What are you all doing??

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Are all boaters republican?

My wife cant vote, she is only a legal resident. I barely talk politics with her, but when Kerry started showing up on TV, she talked about it and before I could even give her my thoughts she already said she didnt trust Kerry. You have to understand my wife doesnt speak good enough english to understand all his BS, but she could just read it from him the guy is full of bull.<br /><br />As for my parents, I never ask them who they vote for and they never told me. We talk about politics, but never say who we vote for. I can almost guarantee my father votes Republican, but my mother may fall for some of the tear jerking bleeding heart liberal BS the dems sometimes give out.<br /><br />My brother is a republican and listens to Rush alot. Last time I heard, my sister has never voted and she is 38.<br /><br />I think you can tell where my vote stands. :) <br /><br />Ken

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I am not a Republican.<br /><br />I am a conservative, first and foremost. I think if I had to identify myself with a party at all, it would be Constitutionalist.<br /><br />There have been a couple of democrats that I like...one was James Trafficant, who is in jail, and of course there's Zell Miller.<br /><br />There have been more than a few Republicans I do not like. I don't care for Arlen Specter or John McCain, for example, There are many more.<br /><br />When I was a six year-old kid, I used to read the encyclopedias. I was interested in the presidents, and I wondered what the party divisions were all about. I noticed there were great and admirable men in all the parties, and did not know how to make up my own mind about it.<br /><br />When I was 25, Ronald Reagan made me a confirmed conservative because he promised to undo all the harm Jimmy Carter inflicted on America.<br /><br />God bless Ronald Reagan. He kept his promise. And God bless Dubya too...he's kept his promises!<br /><br /><br />-dd-

Ralph 123

Captain

f_inscreenname <br /> <br /><br />I am 1965 and feel almost exactly the same way. My wife too leaned left until this year and will vote for GW. The only place we differ is I hold Carter to this day in very low esteem. I would no more share a beer with him as I would UBL. But it is REALLY funny how, based on our age group, we were shaped in the same way. That is why I think the Republicans will be our party and dominant like the Dems were for so long. It's kinda like the new Dem party. Republicanism of old (isolationism, elitism, etc.) is dead.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I am not a Republican. I am probably a Libertarian.<br /><br />I have a couple of significant disagreements with the Republican Platform.<br /><br />I have a LOT of significant disagreements with the Democratic platform. Even on those things with which I agree, I don't trust Kerry to not flip flop with the winds of the polls.<br /><br />How I will vote is a no-brainer.<br /><br />How you feel or think is irrelevant. What matters is if and how you VOTE.

LadyFish

Admiral

I boat and I'm a free conservative.

aspeck

Staff member

I boat and am a conservative. It was alway said of my dad, that when he was a little boy he had a slight speech impediment. He would say, "I am a 'Puggynut' because I can't say 'Demmirat'"

datawire

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I, like JB, am probably closer to a Libertarian if the platforms were laid out side by side for all to view. This will of course, never happen.<br /><br />I used to vote on individual candidates and issues - untill Bill Clinton ran for the Presidency. As I live in Arkansas... I KNEW I didn't want that piece of lying crap in the White House. I began to pay much closer attention to what the Democrats were saying, and how they aligned themselves on issues. Scared me to death!<br /><br />I now am a full fledged REPUBLICAN, and will never - ever - vote for another Democrat for ANY office.<br /><br />I do firmly believe that all Jet Flea owners are Democrats though :D :D

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

My opinion might not be worth much, but here is my 2 pence worth... <br /><br />I think all politician gives lip service every now and then... Some more so than others.. eg Clinton is one who give a whole lot of bull and lies to the American public. <br /><br />One of the president that would get my vote is the GW as I think what he is doing for terrorism is just the right thing. Bring the fight to their doorstep and I am sure they (terriorist) did not like it one bit and resolve to sucide killing. <br /><br />Watch closely, after the next 4 years, Hilary will run for president on the Dem ticket. She is just putting in her time and then make the move.<br /><br />I have my say and for what it is worth...

LubeDude

Admiral

Well, Im so far right, I think Im about to fall off the edge most of the time, but I vote mostly Republican as I want my vote to at least count for something.

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

if Hilary runs, I think she will, then i'll vote for Arnold. But that's another day...sl<br /><br />BTW, What is a 'jet flea'?

datawire

Petty Officer 2nd Class

steve n carol - I believe jtexas coined the term "Jet-Flea" as a descriptive term for Jet Skis. I think he also has a free instructional video available on how to chase them down on the water.<br /><br />To further clarify - Libertarian and "liberal" are NOT anywhere close to the same thing! They are quite opposites. Think of a very conservative Republican who wishes to abolish personal income tax... and you've got a Libertarian.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br /> Well, Im so far right, I think Im about to fall off the edge most of the time, but I vote mostly Republican as I want my vote to at least count for something.
No you're not LubeDude. The Democrats just moved so far to the left, they try to demonize the likes of you that just stayed put in what used to be dead center.<br /><br />From their new perspective, they have tried to convince you that you have moved so far right in hopes of shaming you into following them to the left.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> I boat and I'm a free conservative.
LadyFish, shouldn't that read "I boat, therfore I'm a free Conservative" ? :D

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Less government interference in our daily lives, more personal freedom, more free trade, lower taxes, better world security, a hard line against rogue nations (& terrorists), tougher sentences for criminals... are all vote magnets to this Kiwi.<br /><br />So no prizes for guessing who I'd support if I was American ;)

Link

Rear Admiral

Dern you f_inscreenname !!! <br /><br />I wasn't going to do any political posts tonight but you just had to add BOATING in the mix! ;) <br /><br />Your Question: Are all boaters republicans<br /><br />My Answer: Certainly not by all means. As you are seeing by the posts.<br /><br />However Birds of a feather tend to flock together and this board tends to be a little more on the conservative side. Thanks to the mods here in the cellar :D :D <br /><br />There are plenty of boating forums where I am just not welcome in. Their version of Dock Side Chat. And it is also carried out to their tech side also.<br /><br />Ive seen several versions of this Q&A in them<br /><br />Q: Just bought a 14 ft alum with 8 hp. Should I put the drain plug in on the outside or inside and why?<br /><br />A: Your too "Blanking" dumb to own a boat! Sell it and get outa here<br /><br />Hope that helps for a answer

PW2

Commander

W#ell, I am a boater, and I am not a "GWB conservative" whatever that is.<br /><br />I believe in world security through world leadership, and not world domination. I believe this empire building phase we are in, if left unchecked, will lead to our ultimate downfall.<br /><br />I believe in fiscal repsponsibility--economic policy based on economics and scientific experimental data, as opposed to idealogy.<br /><br />I believe in sound scientific environmental policy, and believe that environmental policy does not need to be in conflict with economic issues.<br /><br />I believe in free trade, even when it is inconvenient for some special interest groups.<br /><br />I believe in a environmentally sound, ultimately sustainable, energy policy. <br /><br />On almost every issue, I am directly counter what Bush stands for--I am not necessarily in line with Kerry, but I am completely out of line with Bush.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by PW2:<br />On almost every issue, I am directly counter what Bush stands for--I am not necessarily in line with Kerry, but I am completely out of line with Bush.
Well PW2, tell us something we didn't know. :D

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

PW, you write well. Your first contention, concerning "world domination" is seriously flawed. Bush has taken the fight to those who threaten us, but has not tried to take over their countries. The US has never tried to dominate anyone, but has always protected itself, and often a good portion of the rest of the world.<br /><br />Bush has called for research into hydrogen, and other sustainable energy forms, but he's not going to be able to make his own.<br /><br />You may be out of line with Bush, but at least he has a line. Kerry is a loose cannon who would endanger us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.