FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I was under the impression that 2-stroked were phased out and only 4-strokes were manufactured these days. Can someone help me with the real story?
Thanks,
J
I presume you are asking about the USA? If so, Direct Injection 2 cycle motors (Optimax and e-TEC are two) are still manufactured. I do not think carb-d 2 cycle motors are legal for sale in the USA.
If and that's a big if, it meets EPA and California CARB standards, a brand new carbed 2 stroke can be sold in the US. I don't think any meeting pollution levels are currently being made for US sale.
I was under the impression that 2-stroked were phased out and only 4-strokes were manufactured these days. Can someone help me with the real story?
Thanks,
J
The US limits the emissions, not the technology, most of the rest of world still has a good selection of old school 2 strokes for sale. So yes, they are still being made.