Aq175 seawater pump

_vn_

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My seawater pump vobbles at low rpm like crazy, i guess bearing is shot. Opened up and looks like impeller rubbed against lid a bit. Has anyone replaced bearing inside it? Looks like new pump is above 200$ ...
When rpm are high it straightens out and no problem with waterflow...

Thanks!

captmello

Captain
Re: Aq175 seawater pump

Assuming you have the crank mounted pump, they can be installed improperly, causing them to Wobble. I would start by removing the pump and the pulley and checking to make sure, the pulley is in the correct position.

If the cover for the pump has large grooves, it will not pump correctly, but some scratching and wear marks are common. Post a pic of it if you're not sure.

_vn_

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i will be around my boat this weekend and will post pictures
there are 3 bolts holding pump on crank pulley and there is a solid metal arm with loop holding pump housing from the bottom so it won't spin. are you saying its just as simple as adjusting that arm ? i noticed that that arm is also holding alternator in position

thanks !

captmello

Captain

No, the pulley has to sit against the harm. balancer properly. It has indentations that fit together.

Now, if you've had this boat for years and this just started happening, then my theory is wrong. What wobbles, just the pump, or is the pulley wobbling as well?

_vn_

Petty Officer 2nd Class

its the pump that wobbles, pulley spins straight. i wish i'd taken a video of it, i will this weekend...