FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a apelco 4500 plus VHF Radio. Was working fine. Now, it receives well, however when I try to transmit the display flashes and I get a clicking noise (click, click, click). Basically its not transmitting. Any idea to what is causing this?
Sounds too much like a component failure in one of the transmitter circuits. If you are capeable, replacing the electrolytic capacitors might be a cheap crapshoot. They are probably the most vulnerable to aging. I have an Apelco radar, and I get the drift they haven't been around for a while. On the other hand, new rigs have DSC and some other cool bells and whistles. My Uniden has a wireless mike I can take on the flybridge.