Anyone want to see my new website?**updates**

f_inscreenname

Commander
Haven't been around much in the last few weeks. Been working on this www.supernova19.com This is my first try. Got about two weeks into it and found out I had a obsolete site building program. Long story short it took over a week just to get it published. I am a little burned out on it now but in a few days I will start tweaking it out but for a first try what do you think?

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Anyone want to see my new website?**updates**

"The best boat in the know universe" and "don't try and ring them, they closed 30 years ago". :D <br /><br />Excellent site!!<br /><br />Aldo

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Very nice web site. You did a good job and wow you have certainly done a great job on the Nova and all of its info.<br /><br />You should be proud.<br /><br />Bob

f_inscreenname

Commander

There is a lot of things I want to tweak like the pictures came out kind of grainy. After three week of working on it I am a little sick of the whole thing but it is snowing again (should get about 8” tonight) it wont be long before I will go back. The history of the boat is fascinating it is just trying to get the few folks that are still around to talk about it. I was hoping in a week or two, to show them the site to see if would jar some memory's.<br /> Thanks folk for your encouraging comments.

sangerwaker

Commander

Well done F'n. You obviously have logged some serious hours researching on top of the elbow grease hours. Nice job.

LubeDude

Admiral

Great job, Im going to have to get some help when I build mine for my Bass guiding adventure, I want to hook into the chamber of commerce sites in different towns etc.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

So where is the chevy nova? I was expecting to see a nice chevy II or a SS but no, I get pictures of a stupid boat :( Just kidding. Good looking site, and I do like the boat, looks fast.

Link

Rear Admiral

Good work on the site.. Donzi, Donzi , Donzi did I mention Donzi ! Got to ride in one up on Lake Washington in 1989... What a eye catcher!<br />Your doing a good job on the web site

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

good job on the site! I'm going through a web design class that teaches how to hand-code all of our pages.....so I truly understand on the burned out part. But good job. looking forward to seeing it after you tweak it because it looks great now! ;)

KaGee

Admiral

Great story. Makes me feel good about knowing others experience the same troubles and tribulations getting a restoration back in the water.<br /><br />Did you paint the boat at home or did someone do it for you? Sprayed on or roller/brush?

SoulWinner

Commander

Cool site F'n. Mrs SW will be building one for me soon. Hope it turns out as nice as yours!

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey F'n, nice site! Is that the Key Bridge in the background?

f_inscreenname

Commander

KaGee; I use a sprayer I bought from Home Depot and a compressor I already had. I used Interflux paint (US boat) thinned out a little so It would flow through the sprayer. Didn't turn out to bad. One day I will do the white half over again because all the bumps and bangs from the last couple years and some other problems. So to answer your question, yes and I did it in my driveway. The first time I ever sprayed anything bigger then a motor part. <br />jsfinn; No not the Key Bridge. The bridge you see (Hanover Street bridge) is just one of two left in the country like it. They Key Bridge is at the entrance of the Baltimore Harbor inlet (about two miles behind me when I took the picture) and is big enough for ocean going ships to pass under. The Hanover street bridge apparently is well liked by many. Last year I was on here complaining about a movie company was blocking my boat ramp because they liked the bridge so much they had to have a seen in there movie with it. They thought shooting the movie over weekend would not tie up traffic on the bridge to bad. The only thing was the other boat ramp in our area was wiped out by the last hurricane and boaters use a ramp most over weekends... Long story short there was some pissed off boaters. To make things worse it took three weekends to complete what they said would only be a week. <br /> Just a side note; I have stood...well floated on the spot where Francis Scott Key watched the British bombardment of Fort McHenry in 1814 that led him to write the "Defense of Fort McHenry," which later became The Star-Spangled Banner. Being that I go by the Fort every time I go out I know I have been at the very spot one time or another. Maybe doing 50mph but I was there.

f_inscreenname

Commander

I just got done doing a bunch of changes if interested.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

F'in you need to spruce up those pics. Google has a terrific free photo editor. Lots to figure out on it, but when you do, you can do wonders. <br /> www.picasa.com

KennyKenCan

Commander

Great site f'n name!!<br /><br />Your hard work will pay off.<br /><br />Good job.<br /><br />I'll have to keep checkin it out for updates.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Roby6950; It is the site builder program. The sad thing is I built most of the site before I knew I couldn't move to another program. I have a good picture program but know matter what I do they all come out like that. Also a lot of the photos are very old and damaged but they still should look better. After I buy the program (I am still using it for the free 30 day period) I will contact the maker and find out what is up.

eeboater

Commander

F_in... what are you doing about hosting? Are you paying for it? <br /><br />Sean