Anyone run Hartland tires from discount tire?

lrdchaos

Petty Officer 1st Class
Time to replace my 7 year old marathons and I’m looking at a set of Hartland 215/75/14 C that they sell at discount. My boat trailer aweigh maybe 6000, tires are rated at 1840 each times 4, plus whatever weight the truck Carrie’s. So I will be well under their load rating, and I tow less than 700 miles a year. Probably too much info, but just want to see what everyone else is running.

Scott06

Admiral
Time to replace my 7 year old marathons and I’m looking at a set of Hartland 215/75/14 C that they sell at discount. My boat trailer aweigh maybe 6000, tires are rated at 1840 each times 4, plus whatever weight the truck Carrie’s. So I will be well under their load rating, and I tow less than 700 miles a year. Probably too much info, but just want to see what everyone else is running.
I purchased these Carlise tires in 2016 and have worked flawlessly, no signs of cracking or dry rot. Similar use limited towing, in winter they are inside in summer trailer is outside in the sun https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055BPQLC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Toyelectroman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I looked at those tires too as my trailer tires are coming up for replacement. Not that it helps but on my camper I replaced the tires with carlise HD tires and they seem to be holding up good

lrdchaos

Petty Officer 1st Class
I looked at those tires too as my trailer tires are coming up for replacement. Not that it helps but on my camper I replaced the tires with carlise HD tires and they seem to be holding up good
I appreciate the feedback. I run Goodyear endurance on my RV, it’s just hard to justify the increased price on a boat that doesn’t get towed much.

Earl Cordova

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Carlisle tires have become much better over the last few years.
I get mine at Discount tire.
Another thing I like is the speed rating has increased.

matt167

Rear Admiral
I wouldn't buy a priority tire from crappy tire. There will be very little savings while the quality will be much less