Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Anyone Need a CORVETTE boat?

only $55K :)

mthieme

Captain

Monkey County (as we refer to it locally) is one of the most affluent in the Country. Does this tell you something?
There's your sign.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

more $ than sense. for that i could get a decent used live aboard.

mtsumedi

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Why'd they use C4 wheels on the trailer when it's a C5 boat?? I know they stagger the wheels 17" and 18" but you could find four of the same fairly easily if you looked and money was obviously no object.

How do the brake lights work? I've never owned a boat with a brake pedal.

cribber

Lieutenant

Ya got to admit though... that is a sweet looking boat ;)

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

If I were to hook up the brake lights, I'd prob activate them when the bow lights are on and activate the brighter (brake) mode using an accelerometer (so it activates when letting off the throttle).

All in all, it looks like your run of the mill jet boat with a glassed on transom cover. Hardly worth asking price. Would be a fun project for a Vette nut with too much time and money, though.

AguaSki

Chief Petty Officer

Malibu boats also did a Special Edition Corvette boat in 2008. The Malibu is a V-Drive instead of a Direct Drive. See this link for pics (http://www.malibuboats.com/boats/corvette). The Corvette boats are sweet looking, but they seem more for show than actual boating. I am content to just look and drool, and then go out on my 30 year old boat for real fun.

rtpassini

Chief Petty Officer

a lot of people who dont think its worth the money need to realize its a collecters item more than anything. just like that 1960 pontiac? i think tempest heavy duty that was nothing but rust went for 250 grand on ebay. it didnt even have a motor.

and cars, you can make things faster than a ferrari for half the price. but its still not a ferrari

arks

Lieutenant Commander

If 55K is a bit too rich for you guys, I've found another site marketing the EXACT same boat for significantly less moola. Makes me wonder how low he'd go....

http://www.cars-on-line.com/28003.html

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The original Corvette.

http://www.naval-history.net/xGM-Chrono-20Cor-Castle-BamboroughCastle.htm

Photo20CorCastle-BamboroughNP-MarkTeadhamS.bmp

H8tank

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'd rather wakeboard on my mom than own that ugly boat.

QC

Supreme Mariner

The orginal Corvette:

corvette.jpg

A couple of observations about the advertised one.

1) Why does this pic have a mirror and a Swimstep? Proably a sister ship, but it makes me a little nervous.

99chev28003-2.jpg

2) There's no way that it is "FAST" . . . I have never seen test data with any tournament style inboard regardless of horsepower breaking 50 MPH . . .

salty87

Commander

the swimstep looks like it has brackets so you can remove it...probably to get it in the garage?

if prop'd right, i could see it hitting 50. i like the z rated trailer tires, how fast do you want to tow?

QC

Supreme Mariner

if prop'd right, i could see it hitting 50.
You'd think so, but I have never seen an inboard tournament boat that could, so it makes me wonder. You can get 400+ bhp in them now and they still barely make 48 MPH . . . You'd think somebody would prop them right out of all the different brands. Oh, and BTW, 50 isn't "FAST" :p :D

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I'll stick with my old barge....I bet it could keep up with the Vette boat too...;)

QC

Supreme Mariner

OK, I stand corrected, I found an inboard tournament boat that goes over 50 . . . 51.7 to be exact. Mastercraft X80 with twin 375's . . . 750 bhp :eek: :D

mtsumedi

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK, I stand corrected, I found an inboard tournament boat that goes over 50 . . . 51.7 to be exact. Mastercraft X80 with twin 375's . . . 750 bhp :eek: :D

That's funny because that's probably the hp needed to put a Vette over 200mph.