Anybody in Brigantine

Cadones

Cadet
Re: Anybody in Brigantine

cool,thanks for the info. how many miles out from the north end of brigantine is the reef about 7?

Andrec4016

Seaman

Sorry folks my PC died this week had to replace my hard drive, if it is not the boat its the PC<br />BunkerChunker as far as good spots it depends who you talk too I like the brigantine inlet hardly anyboy there great for drifting without having to worry about the guy next to you.. I surf fished up and down brigantine island last year and had good luck as long as the jets and swimmers where not around.. trying out new disc jigs that cavatate your jig what ever it is squid, eel what ever I'll let you know if the money was worth it.. I come out of the Northpoint Marina..

Blk-n-Blu

Master Chief Petty Officer

Andre, Been fishing Brigantine all my life and the North end is really bad this year.Getting in and out of Northpoint is no fun either. There is a deep channel just behind the golf course that will produce some nice size fish ( between the "no wake barrels" )just after the turn to the north end.If you follow along the shoreline toward the public ramp once out of the no wake zone and to the right there is a deep channel that can get you to Absecon inlet in about ten minutes ( best to plot course on gps )or follow someone familiar with it. The inlet is producing nice flatties and if you go outside to 50' of water off the boardwalk nice size fish can be caught. Good Luck

Andrec4016

Seaman

Blk-n-blu I think I see where your talking about<br />by wading thorofare then that takes you by bayside marina bypassing the slow shore line then to the IC to the inlet. I took a trip to the s inlet it was hairy with all that traffic, thanks but I'll stick to to the road less traveled thru brigantine channel and out, no speed boats or two way traffic to cross had some nice catches up in north area last weekend about 3 miles out nice 30ft water I here Brigantine shoal and lump are producing nice flats an dlarge blues

AJ168

Petty Officer 1st Class

Haven't caught a blue in Great Bay since the Spring and never caught a keeper fluke out of there. (been there 4 years) We're not even catching sea robins anyomore.<br /><br />I keep reading in the Hook Line and Sinker that flatties are being caught at the clam stakes. Are they talking about by the stakes just outside of Tuckerton Creek?<br /><br />I've been getting spoiled trawling Sandy Hook Bay on my school's research vessel. Today in one short trawl we hauled up 40 fluke, 10 of which were keepers. Still trying to convince my Dad to trailer the boat up there.