Anybody here work out?????

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Anybody here work out?????

Skinnywater,<br /><br />I luckily enough have had no problems with joint pain even though run anywhere from 25 to 40 miles per week with some cycling thrown in. Don't they sell something over the counter that helps with joint pain?<br /><br />John

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Don't they sell something over the counter that helps with joint pain?
Laxatives?

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

No, I have seen it in the med section of wal - mart. I just cannot think of the name of it. It is suppose to help with knee, hip, elbow stiffness and pain.

Cranky18

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My parents use Glucosamine sulfate to help build cartilage. They (my parents)claim it works. You can get it at drug stores.

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Rub-A-535 works good for muscle and joint pain and stiffness. Used it after some hard workouts. I also find that eating the right amount of protein for your body helps with muscle pain. Or atleast shortens how long the muscles are sore for.

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

ok weighlifting 101 <br /><br />for the wife...<br /><br />Dont weightlift!! Aerobic exercise burns calories, however if she does want to lose weight and lift weights she needs to understand that muscles weighs alot more than fat, so she needs to NOT look at the scale!!! She needs to or you need to go with how her clothes fit. To begin with she will GAIN weight and her clothes will be tighter!! Hopeless!! but that will only last for about 1-2 months, then the clothes will start to loosen up but it will take almost 6 months of this routine to actually lose weight and have looser clothes.<br /><br />Now for you to gain weight - there is 1 thing to consider..<br /><br />Are you naturally a large person - me I am 6-2 and in my prime shape was never above 205, just could not get above that.<br /><br />Which is why they have the various steriods, playing a D1 sport I did not want to do them and at the time they were relatively crude.<br /><br />However what a steriod does is REPAIR the damage caused by exercise, normally you have to wait 48 hours to exercise that muscle (it takes that long for the muscles to naturally repair themselves) but steriods shortens that process and "heals" the muscles quicker so you can become stronger.<br /><br />But most steriod takes dont take them constantly they go on and off them in a cyclic pattern so as to avoid all the problems they can cause.<br /><br />Remember you have to do this for about a 1 year period<br />and<br />Get a heart monitor that will help with the aerobic part of your exercise<br /><br />good luck

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I wouldn't recommend steroids. I know that there are legal varieties around, but why not stay natural? Keep your protein levels where they should be, use a whey supplement if you want, and your muscles will thank you for it. To get over the 48 hour repair cycle of muscles, alternate workouts. Work your lower body and lower back say Monday. Take Tuesday off. Wednesday work your upper body, abdomine and upper back. Take Thursday off. Friday work the lower body and lower back again. Saturday focus on the larger muscles of the upper body, pecs, biceps, triceps. Remember that most upper body workouts will indirectly work the biceps, triceps, pecs. Take Sunday off and repeat. <br /><br />Working out is supposed to be a lifetime thing. Unless you're wanting to acheive body building status there isn't any need to over do it. It'll all come with time and patience and you won't be injesting anything your body really doesn't need.

mattttt25

Commander

i used creatine for 4 years in college while playing ball. it really worked for me. from what our trainers said, it works for about 2/3 of the population, the other 1/3 just don't see gains. if you decide to use it, don't buy into the loading schemes. i would take 10 mg each day for 3 days, then drop down to the standard 5 mg a day. i used the plain powder, just mixed it in gatoraid and drank. take it after your workout. the creatine you're taking that day has no effect on your workout, so don't be like the idiots that think they need to take it before their workout to help them. taking it after your workout makes sense, since your body is looking for anything to absorb and that's what you're trying to do- just increase your body's levels.<br /><br />drink lots of water. it causes you to maintain water levels, so you need the extra fluids for your muscles and to continue your natural flushing process. i noticed a ton of gain if i was hitting the weights hard- better strength, more endurance while in the gym, better recovery (less soreness the next day), etc. but it does very little unless you are involved in an intense weight-lifting program- i'm talking 5-6 days a week in the gym for at least an hour of heavy lifting each day, usually closer to 2.

nothreat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I started lifting about three years ago (40 years old and starting to feel it). Never had done it before. I was able to press about 190 after a few weeks (I weigh 190), but I hit a wall and stop gaining. I tried the creatine route and it worked for me. I didn't make any progress for 3 or 4 weeks, but then I started gaining both mass and strength. I only gained 5 lbs,but really lost a lot of fat. Went from 24% body fat to 16% over a few months and my press went to 290. The creatine allowed me to work harder I think and that give me the growth. Creative is a volumizer which causes you to retain water between the muscle fibers and makes you look bigger. I went from a 40" to a 44" chest to. If you stop the creatine you will lose a lot of your gains,but you can get it back by going back on the creatine. My wife complained that I looked like a gorilla so I backed off some. I still lift three days a week and run three days a week, but I dropped the creatine. You should also increase your protein intake. I think you need to take in a gram of protein for every lb you weigh each day. I just can't eat that much. You should also eat six small meals a day rather than three big ones. I found the MetRX protein drinks taste good and work well. I drank one day. You can do it - you just gotta be dedicated.<br /><br />A friend of mine tried the creatine as well but it didn't work for him and made his urine browish yellow. Scared him so he quit. Doesn't work for everyone.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Well after 2 weeks I have gained close to 4 lbs and toned up quite a bit....My wife has los 8 1/2lbs and we both feel much better on the tredmils.......I do about 2-3 miles eachday and work out hard(heavy weight less reps) every otherday plus the creatine. She has been sticking with cardio and many reps light weight. So far So good. :)