Any Musicians

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Any Musicians

My sons band Otherwise known as Simon played their first big show last night and it went awesome. Good numbers, great crowd and the band they opened for ( innercore ) really, really were a bunch of awesome guys who hung out with OKASimon all day. They took them on thier tour bus and spent alot of time mentoring them and giving the boys alot of encouragement to stick with the whole ministry thing. It was an awesome night and all who came enjoyed. We are exploring some options to get them recorded so We hope in the very near future to have some mp3s up on site. We did some video recording last night and will have a few clips up soon. Once again anybody reading this check out their site and sign the guestbook. Help support these young men of God in there ministry.

oddjob

Commander

I'm tring to incourage my two at home to play guitar so I will have someone to jam with...right now I'm playing about 15-20 min a night. Hadn't played much the last 10 years. I also play Harmonica, quattro (four string guitar), fool around w/ my mothers old dulcumer(I made her a new one for Christmas), bongos, tamberine, them shaky gourd things, I also like to sing. :)

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

I've been playing with the guitar (notice I said playing with, not playing) for most of my life. I have an old Yamaha acoustic. <br /><br />I have never been able to get good at it, but it is fun. I write songs, and keep myself amused with it, but would like to get better. I just never had the time, or money, to take the lessons I need.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

I love music, and I wish I had picked up the guitar years ago. I suppose it's never too late, but like my better half always says: "One passion at a time". I'm still working on that nagging degree and I'm behind on my homework, I'm overloaded at work, I don't really have any time to devote to a new hobby.<br /><br />I did play the trumpet for several years, played first chair and recieved numerous awards for music in high school.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Played drums in a band in HS for about 5 years. I've always had a guitar around. I still have the same Ovation classical I got when I was about 7 or 8.(My dad was Ovations' CEO Charlie Kamans company pilot)I have a Taylor 355 twelve string,a Big Baby Taylor, a knock off camping guitar(solid top, not that bad)and my baby, an original 1964 Fender Strat.(not for sale)Boy do I get a lot of offers on that one! I try to play everyday, mostly alone, sometimes with others. My piano needs tuning or I'd be playing that a lot more also. Nothing worse than playing an out of tune piano. Never been able to read music either but hey, neither did those English guys, John and Paul something-or-other. <br /><br />Dave

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yup.... :D <br /><br />No, I'm not bragging or blowing smoke. I am a multi-instrumentalist (name it - I play it).<br /><br />Guitar (have 4 of them including my beloved Fender Strat)<br />Bass<br />Mandolin<br />Fiddle<br />Keyboards (so so, but I can do it)<br />Drums<br />Trumpet<br />French Horn<br />Trombone<br />Baritone<br />Tuba<br />Clarinet<br />Sax<br />Flute<br />...{darn near all the school band instruments}<br /><br />I'm 43. Been playing guitar since I was 12. Started band instruments even earlier (4th grade in school).<br /><br />Recording devices: Cool Edit Pro, Cakewalk, and an old Tascam MKII 4 track cassette recorder.<br /><br />Vocals: Me? I'd rather not... I can sing, but hate my voice. I prefer to sing backup or harmonize a 4th step down.<br /><br />Butch A.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by mikeandronda:<br /> Ya spratt, I hate when I hear a band is a Christian band and what they really are is a Band with Christians in it..........until my boy is out on his own we have set limits for him...not just because of our dediction to God but because I know how hard it is to keep focused on staying on the straight and narrow when your in a band.I failed misserably. The best way to descibe them would be to say extreme worship....every song is a song bout' God. Im very proud of each of them.
Congrats, Mike...I hope it continues when he finally decides to make up his OWN mind about his Christian values...you know, after he leaves home!! I always told my boys that as long as they ate at my table and slept in my house, they had to live by the rules I set for my home, even if they are gorwn!! You learn what they are all about once they are out of the house and show their true love for God...

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by ButchA:<br /> Yup.... :D <br /><br />No, I'm not bragging or blowing smoke. I am a multi-instrumentalist (name it - I play it).<br /><br />Guitar (have 4 of them including my beloved Fender Strat)<br />Bass<br />Mandolin<br />Fiddle<br />Keyboards (so so, but I can do it)<br />Drums<br />Trumpet<br />French Horn<br />Trombone<br />Baritone<br />Tuba<br />Clarinet<br />Sax<br />Flute<br />...{darn near all the school band instruments}<br /><br />I'm 43. Been playing guitar since I was 12. Started band instruments even earlier (4th grade in school).<br /><br />Recording devices: Cool Edit Pro, Cakewalk, and an old Tascam MKII 4 track cassette recorder.<br /><br />Vocals: Me? I'd rather not... I can sing, but hate my voice. I prefer to sing backup or harmonize a 4th step down.<br /><br />Butch A.
Man, you sound just like my oldest son!!! He is 25, and I don't care what you sit him at, he can play it even if he never touched one before. And that, folks, a'int no exaggeration!!! I first bought him a alto sax and bought lessons for one month, then couldn't afford them any longer, bought him some Kenny G cd's, and on many songs, it is difficult to tell if it is Steven or Kenny playin!!!

rwidman

Lieutenant

Been playing music for many, many years. I'm now retired from electronics and computer support but still play music on weekends.<br /><br />Here is our webpage:<br /> http://hatcreekcountry.com/

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I play a mean CD player :) <br /> I have a yamaha acuostic but not much time to mess with it. if my property here sells I will retrire and learn some :) <br />I have 2 sistes that play everything and my mom plays the dulcimer. all mys family except me plays piano, I thought it was for sissies as a youngster and have regretted it ever since. two of my sisters have 2 masters and one each has a masters in music. I grew up with it but never did it. one day though :) :) <br /> yall have a nyce day now ya heah

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by spratt:<br />Man, you sound just like my oldest son!!! He is 25, and I don't care what you sit him at, he can play it even if he never touched one before. And that, folks, a'int no exaggeration!!! I first bought him a alto sax and bought lessons for one month, then couldn't afford them any longer, bought him some Kenny G cd's, and on many songs, it is difficult to tell if it is Steven or Kenny playin!!!
Ha ha ha ha... I know how that is! You should hear my twin daughters play (apple doesn't fall far from the tree - as the saying goes). Granted, they have graduated high school and are now starting college. But, when they were in band, good God, they played EVERYTHING! They outdid me 10 times over. Concert band, jazz band, marching band, all-county band, etc... At their H.S. graduation ceremony, they also were presented with the "Semper Fidelis Marine Band Award for overall musicianship". It was said that in the history of the band directors teaching, he has never had a set of twins so versatile before, where it didn't matter what music, what section, what instrument. The girls could just sit down anywhere, anytime, on any instrument and play the required piece. :D <br /><br />Butch A.