Any musicians here?

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant
Just wondering how many of us have other hobbies/interests. How many git-tar players out there? Maybe we could start a dockside jam somewhere sometime. Good music, cool boats, good company.....what else could you ask for?<br /><br />Dave

Carphunter

Commander
Re: Any musicians here?

I got some cool card tricks, and I can pull a rabbit out of a hat.<br /><br />................whoops, I thought you said magicians. :p

Carphunter

Commander

Seriously, I once played the Drums,............but as we all know, drummers aren't musicians. ;)

ndemge

Commander

I've been playing Trumpet for about 14 years now.<br /><br />Play in the local community concert band ran through the community college.<br /><br />I wish I could jam with you, but I can only read what's on the page, can't do improv. Someday.... Someday I will learn.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

I do a little strumming on an old accoustic guitar,i'm very much an amateur,can't read music either. but i have lots of fun,occasionally it's been known to put me in a better mood.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I played trumpet from 6th grade into High School. A girl playing trumpet you ask? Heck ya! First chair even for two years. Haven't picked it up in years. I've tried, but those lips ain't what they used to be. Middle "C" is difficult to hit.<br /> Took the piano lessons all through Junior High and High school. I can still tickle those ivories pretty good, but no adlib with either instrument. I'm dependent on the sheet of music.<br /> I've tried to learn guitar, but don't seem to have the self-discipline I had when younger. Still would be cool though. Maybe someday. <br />Bassy

oddjob

Commander

Well I wrote a nice reply as I sometimes do and one wrong keystroke....poofed myself!.......<br /><br />condensed: I sing and play guitar since a teenager.<br /><br />Played the Venezuela quatro (4-string) about 4years.<br /><br />Blues Harmonica 2 months.<br /><br />I do best with:<br /><br />folk<br />bluegrass<br />country<br />R&B

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Guitar junky here... Play nearly every day.. Not very good and can't read a lick of music, but I have a blast anyway... Dig all kinds of music.. Jazz, Blues, Rockabilly, Clasic rock, whatever..<br /><br />So Carpy's a drummer huh? That explains alot.. :p :p :p j/k Carpy.. I promise, no drummer jokes.. :p :p :p <br /><br />Used to play with some guys on wednesday nights at my bud's transmission shop, but one guy don't show up a couple times (work or family, or both), then someone else looses interest so it kinda falls flat.. Would like to get that going again... Was fun.. :) <br /><br /> If my drummer bud could play a shuffle (he can, just won't practice it), and if we could find a bass player who could slap that big dog house and knows some rockabilly stuff or some blues tunes, man I'd be set... :D

ndemge

Commander

you mean counTy? ... might want to fix your link

LadyFish

Admiral

Twelve years of piano here. Always wanted to play the sax - jazz and blues.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I have played guitar for 17+ years been in bands most of them.

Raghauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Another guitarist here, going on thirty years. I suppose I should be a lot better than I am, but still have a blast jamming w/others.<br /><br />Toad... (EDITED) flute? I hope it's your's and not someone elses! ;)

roxxi

Recruit

hi all, not real musicaly inclined, but can sing along at parties and so forth.

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Raghauler...ya, I should have clarified that. :eek:

sloopy

Commander

I play flute... not much of a manly instrument is it?

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

roxxi <br />Member # 38947 posted March 18, 2004 06:16 PM<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /> hi all, not real musicaly inclined, but can sing along at parties and so forth. <br /> <br />-------------------------------------------------<br />Aah! after a few drinks,a good sing along gets me into the partying mode,sometimes i just can't help meself.<br />Now there roxxi,might you be a baritone,tenor or a soprano?<br />My problem is that i'm slightly tone deaf. :D

ndemge

Commander

Iboats 2004 Jam Sesion this september at the get together