Any Iboat members from my area??

AngelC

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey fellows,

Just looking to find out if there are any members out in or near my area. Just trying to find some new body of waters and maybe you guys in my area can help. I'm in Southern CA. Orange County. Anybody out this way??

Thanks,

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Any Iboat members from my area??

I'm in Chino Hills. Where do you boat now?

AngelC

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey fellows,

I've only boated at Havasu and never on a holiday. I've been wanting to go check out Mead I here it is very nice that way. I have my first trip planned out their for the third week of April. I'm looking to go camping. I've camped their before but never boated. Can anyone recommend anywhere on the lake. I know it is a huge lake; I've heard that Temple Bar is very calm and pristine waters out that way. I'm looking to pitch a tent and camp at hopefully a really nice cove. Can anyone recommend a certain spot to camp,launch,tube,swim, etc. I'd be going with my family. Are there places near by to gas up or Ice, maybe super markets?? Just trying to get all the info I can before I set sail :)

Thanks,

Clam Biter

Cadet

Lakeside which is San Diego "east" county. lakes here are San Vincente which is closed for a retrofit for the next 4 years. Lake jennings = a ten hp lake. El Capitan Resevior. La Mesa has Lake Murry. Way out fareast county is Lake Morena. Over by Hwy 15 is Lake Miramar. then also are San Diego and Mission Bay plus there is the big Pond.

NO WHINERS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey Angel...Yeah, I"m in Lake Forest....Like I said a while ago I am going to Temple Bar on March19th...Camping on the beach some where with my son that lives in Vegas...Jim..

mthieme

Captain

I smell the onset of a west coast iBoats rendezvous.:cool:

AngelC

Petty Officer 2nd Class

West Coast!!! is here

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

im in vegas...boat exclusively at lake mead...but wouldnt mind trying a trip to lake pleasant in phoenix area. go lake mead! lol

subcrx

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Fullerton here. all three harbors.

Godfirst

Petty Officer 1st Class

Angel
Inland empire here so cal I live in redlands, big bear lake for bueaty and fishing, lake perris to work the bugs out of my boat went to silverwood also ok but weekends sell out. Let me know about Mead maybe we can meet there or caravan always wanted to try there.
Take care Duane
88 Cruisers 24 cuddy 5.7 alpha 1

QC

Supreme Mariner

Maaaaannnnn . . . I put together iboats get togethers two years in a row at Havasu this time of year. I had four iboaters the first time and the second one fizzled completely . . .

I grew up n Fullerton subcrx. Went to Sunny Hills. Define "all three". Newport, Huntington Harbor, Long Beach?

poppasmurff

Seaman Apprentice

Any members from the Great Lakes area? Am looking for some help on transportation late in the year. Thinking about traveling from Chicago to Alexandria Bay in Novemeber in a 32' Cortez.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Used to be....Worked behind the Los alamitos racetrack, cerritos ave & walker....Till they relocated (exiled?) me to Florida..Oh I miss Socal

fortyfreak9

Petty Officer 2nd Class

West Coast! The only place to fish and enjoy the outdoors, Washington state.

AngelC

Petty Officer 2nd Class

CheapboatKev......small world. I live on Walker and Centrelia, right by Kennedy H.S. But love to boat on the colorado river lakes!! Love the Cali weather.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Yep..Know exactly where ya are..No I wont show up on your doorstep! lol
Love the whole area..Been here in FL for 6 years or so and only get back once or twice a year for corp meetings...Love Seal Beach..the whole cruise on PCH to HB and beyond...Used to launch out of San Pedro, Long Beach and Redondo Beach..Redondo was hoist and drop...easy!

Fished around the Palos Verde Penisula for huge White Sea Bass and the HB oil rigs for yellow tail...sigh...Wont even talk about San Diego and Point Loma.......