Yes, I have had ants in the boat. The little buggers got into the console where some of the wood was exposed and also in the screw rail at the top of the cap. As I am doing a partial restoration of the transom and deck, I've been trying to track down where they've been living and found it yesterday.
Darned little buggers.
ETA. Well, it was not the screw rail. There was a narrow board from the front eyelet going to the top edge of the hull. Even from the factory, it had never been sealed.
So... Ants are now gone and a new support structure will be put in place.
Darned little buggers.
ETA. Well, it was not the screw rail. There was a narrow board from the front eyelet going to the top edge of the hull. Even from the factory, it had never been sealed.
So... Ants are now gone and a new support structure will be put in place.
Last edited:
