I accidentally put half a quart of antifreeze in the intake manifold plug. I have removed the plugs and let the antifreeze blow out. I then soaked the cylinders with fogging spray. Is there anything else I should do to minimize the damage?
I accidentally put half a quart of antifreeze in the intake manifold plug. I have removed the plugs and let the antifreeze blow out. I then soaked the cylinders with fogging spray. Is there anything else I should do to minimize the damage?
I accidentally put half a quart of antifreeze in the intake manifold plug. I have removed the plugs and let the antifreeze blow out. I then soaked the cylinders with fogging spray. Is there anything else I should do to minimize the damage?
Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... What manifold plug,..??
On What motor,..??
The one the top by exhaust elbow.
A 3.0 Liter Mercruiser.
[/b]
Yep. Stop using anti-freeze.:facepalm: Just drain the block and leave it empty. AIR DON'T FREEZE..... Just do a search, you'll find quite a few people who 'anti-freeze' their engine's have a cracked block come spring.
... My Mercruiser owner's manual actually suggests adding anti-freeze after draining the block. Whats up with that? ...
How about the anti-corrosion benifets from the pink R.V. antifreeze when the block is properly filled ?
How about the anti-corrosion benefits from the pink R.V. antifreeze when the block is properly filled ?