Another reason not to like JFK.

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer
This little jewel is from "The Australian", one of that country's respected newspapers. <br /><br />He really knows how to build coalitions with allies to fight terrorism, doesn't he.<br /><br />This gets my goat. Come to think about it, my goat has been got a lot lately.<br /><br />Jinx<br /><br /> <br />US 'endangers Australians'<br />Roy Eccleston, Washington correspondent<br />September 18, 2004<br />JOHN Kerry's campaign has warned Australians that the Howard Government's support for the US in Iraq has made them a bigger target for international terrorists.<br /><br />Diana Kerry, younger sister of the Democrat presidential candidate, told The Weekend Australian that the Bali bombing and the recent attack on the Australian embassy in Jakarta clearly showed the danger to Australians had increased. <br /><br />"Australia has kept faith with the US and we are endangering the Australians now by this wanton disregard for international law and multilateral channels," she said, referring to the invasion of Iraq. <br /><br />Asked if she believed the terrorist threat to Australians was now greater because of the support for Republican George W. Bush, Ms Kerry said: "The most recent attack was on the Australian embassy in Jakarta -- I would have to say that." <br /><br />Ms Kerry, who taught school in Indonesia for 15 years until 2000, is heading a campaign called Americans Overseas for Kerry which aims to secure the votes of Americans abroad -- including the more than 100,000 living in Australia. <br /><br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /><br /><br />In the 2000 election, analysts say absentee votes cast overseas tipped the balance to Mr Bush in the decisive state of Florida. Domestic votes put Mr Gore ahead by a few hundred votes, but Mr Bush won by 537 after overseas ballots were included. <br /><br />In this election, which is decided according to the states won, the Kerry campaign says overseas votes could also determine the result given there are a dozen states where victory might be measured by a few hundred to a few thousand votes. About 5million American voters live overseas and interest in this election was high, Ms Kerry said. About 350,000 absentee ballots were distributed in 2000, but more than a million had been sought this time. <br /><br />"My belief is US citizens living overseas are very concerned about the current direction of the US, particularly in regard to international affairs," she claimed. "They are on the front lines of the decline of US respect and reputation; they hear it and feel it on a daily basis." <br /><br />A poll by the Washington-based Pew Centre for People and the Press found that in March this year only 58 per cent of Britons, 37 per cent of French and 38 per cent of Germans had favourable opinions of America, down by more than 20 percentage points in each country from before the Iraq war. <br /><br />Quizzed on US opinion polls that showed Senator Kerry's campaign flagged through August and that he was now running behind Mr Bush, Ms Kerry said her brother would win the November 2 election. <br /><br />"He responds well to challenges and has the reputation of fighting well from behind," she said.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Another reason not to like JFK.

And his supporters still think he was a war hero as opposed to a traitor. Immagine that :rolleyes:

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

But he IS a war hero. He has medals, documentation, and plenty of people that were there backing that up. Just because he voiced his opposition to the war AFTER he served doesn't erase history. To me that's not anywhere close to being a Traitor. That to me is learning from his experience and exercising his Freedom of Speech which he fought for and earned.<br /><br />GW, on the other hand, is a stubborn SOB to say the least. He can't see the ocean because there's too much water covering it. By all accounts, Iraq is falling apart. And there aren't nearly enough coalition forces to stop it. So far I have over 1,000 reasons not to like Bush. I'm afraid there will be many more.<br /><br />The action on Afganistan after 9/11 was totally justifiable and necessary, and the World was four-square behind us. This war on Iraq has turned out to be a huge mistake, having very little progress toward eliminating Terrorism and doing far more to expand it. AND severely eroding our reputation in the eyes of the world. Bush will only make that worse. Electing a new President is the only way I can see to turn that around. I wish it were somebody better than Kerry, but that's the choice we've been given.<br /><br />Powell/McCain in 2008! I wish it could be Now!

oddjob

Commander

WBW...his citations are written by himself.. a hero in four months then he goes home...now we know why he took the 8mm camera to nam with him....to recreate/revise what really took place in cambodia (I mean nam)and all the criminal behavor he admittedly partook in.<br /><br />Ok lets assume he is telling the truth(forget that his fellow officers do not agree with his veiw of the past).<br /><br />When he was done with nam he said that his remaining brothers were all criminals. Hes a moron, and I THINK MAYBE so are you..wont brother with the world veiw BS....I've been around the world and the anti american additude has been around since at least the 80's. You know nothing IMO about foreign matters. The anti-American message coming from folks like you here at the homeFRONT is what I prefer to focus on and you and Kerry are case in point.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Well, come Nov. 3 one of us is going to be a Moron. One of us is going to find out he voted for the winner and one of us is going to find out he voted for the loser. I'll respectfully hold-off on calling you a Moron until then. But then again, probably not. I've never called anybody a name on this forum and God willing I never will. Thank you for your opinion. Sorry the majority of Americans and the rest of the world don't share it. I hope you can get over it when JFK takes the oath of office.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> I hope you can get over it when JFK takes the oath of office.
This statement is as out of touch with reality as your other ones, WBW! :p

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Just curious Boomyal. What does Boomyal mean? Boomy Al, or BOOM you all? Not making fun...not going to. Just curious. By the way, I like that Reagan quote. Best speech I ever heard was his after the shuttle exploded. Still brings a tear.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> But he IS a war hero. He has medals, documentation, and plenty of people that were there backing that up.
See what I mean? I don't get it. Maybee I'm a moron.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Obviously not. GW doesn't get it that he's losing the war in Iraq, either. He kinda reminds me of the former Iraqi Information Minister. You know...the guy that said that there were no US troops at the airport while they were being shown split-screen. That guy would make a good choice for the next Joe Isuzu. But you don't have to worry about me calling you a Moron. That's oddjob's forte.<br /><br />By the way...you don't submit your own name for the Bronze or Silver Star. Now I wonder. Hmmm...how many medals did GW get again? Oh yeah. NONE!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> By the way, I like that Reagan quote. Best speech I ever heard was his after the shuttle exploded. Still brings a tear.
Gee, WBW, there is hope for you yet. ;) As for the name, it's the later. I used to be a gun runner, aaaaa, I mean a gun dealer.

ebbtide176

Commander

that article just shows that the kerry campaign is doing the fear-mongering that they accuse the rnc of doing.<br /><br />if bush can be characterized as stubborn, then kerry can certainly be thought of as a traitor.<br /><br />prez bush told us all this would be a long hard battle, and i expect it will be.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

flip flop flip flop flip flop<br /><br />Who is the Democrats candidate, Kerry who supported GW's Middle class tax cut or Bomb throwing Dean???????? Sounds like both <br /><br /><br />Debate's Dem field vs. Dean <br /> <br />By HELEN KENNEDY<br />DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU <br /> <br />JOHNSTON, Iowa - Sen. Joseph Lieberman isn't even campaigning in the upcoming Iowa caucuses, but he came to a debate here yesterday to try to beat Howard Dean bloody.<br />Lieberman (Conn.), who trails in every state, took the lead yesterday in trying to cut the legs out from under Dean in a combative forum that saw all the other candidates open fire on the front-runner. Dean, who leads in New Hampshire and nationally, is neck and neck with Rep. **** Gephardt (Mo.) in the Iowa polls.<br /><br />Lieberman scored the most dramatic moment when he waved a piece of paper and pen at Dean, demanding that the former governor unseal his Vermont records. <br /><br />"You have the power," Lieberman said, mocking Dean's signature stump-speech line, "with one stroke of the pen, to open your records to public view."<br /><br />Dean, who early in the debate gave muddled answers and ducked questions, appeared to come alive the more he came under fire.<br /><br />When Lieberman and Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry criticized him for wanting to repeal the middle-class tax cut along with President Bush's other tax cuts, Dean said federal cuts only led to higher property taxes and college tuition. That meant the middle-class taxpayers didn't really get more money in their pockets, he said.<br /><br />His rivals slammed him again for saying the capture of Saddam Hussein did not make America safer and for saying Osama Bin Laden should get a fair trial. <br /><br />"What in the world were you thinking?" Kerry asked.<br /><br />Dean responded: "If I was the President and the troops had Osama in their sights - we would shoot to kill. But the fact is, if we captured him alive, we have to stand for the rule of law."<br /><br />Dean met the relentless attacks with cockiness. In a discussion of the economy, he said, "I am going to balance the budget, and I'm going to do it in the sixth or seventh year of my administration."<br /><br />He also neatly reversed an image from a previous debate, when none of the other candidates raised their hands when asked who thought that Dean could beat Bush. Dean asked for a show of hands as a pledge to work hard for whoever the eventual Democratic nominee is - and all had to raise them.<br /><br />Iowans cast the first votes in the 2004 election two weeks from today. <br /><br />Originally published on January 5, 2004

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> Obviously not. GW doesn't get it that he's losing the war in Iraq, either. He kinda reminds me of the former Iraqi Information Minister. You know...the guy that said that there were no US troops at the airport while they were being shown split-screen. That guy would make a good choice for the next Joe Isuzu. But you don't have to worry about me calling you a Moron. That's oddjob's forte.
I dont get that iether. See, I do not watch CBS for my reports from the front. I look for the truth regarding the Iraq front.And from what I've learned, far from losing the war, we have STUMBLED into a new anti-terrorist tactic. We are not only winning, but have drawn Alqueda's partners into a fight they cannot win. <br />And to believe we are fighting the Iraqi citizenry is just silly. Where do you think the RPG's, C-4 explosives, and the training come from? France?<br />You probably put a gun to your head when you wake up, and find out just how costly our victory will be. And victory depends on us as a people. In the 2nd World war, we were united. In Vietnam, we had people like you, protesting your own soldiers. We have that again, but many of us are not going to allow it to go unanswered this time. I want soldiers who read this to know that many of us here not only appreciate thier sacrifices, but will protect thier home front from assaults from within, and keep thier grass cut,trim painted on thier homes, and thier wive's cars running. If you're not part of this, Will, becaome part of it in the town you live in. To quote WT Sherman, "{Iether pick up arms, or get off the road!"<br /><br />
Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /><br />By the way...you don't submit your own name for the Bronze or Silver Star. Now I wonder. Hmmm...how many medals did GW get again? Oh yeah. NONE!
You can't unless you're an officer. Kerry was in command of the boat, so he not only submitted his own application for chest-wear, but that of his crew.<br />Facts are facts, Will. The docs will bear-out Johnny's sig on the forms....Oh, that's right. Unlike Bush, he wont release his documentation. hmmmm..

oddjob

Commander

......... :D ....Willy, pardon me but you misunderstood. I did not call you a moron. :( I called Kerry a moron and that I THINK that YOU MIGHT be also. Theres a difference between I think and you are/is. :rolleyes: Think, would be more of a hunch in this example. <br /><br />I would like to say ditto to 12Footer, and thank him for his response. :) I dont have the patience to repeadedly bring forth the truth like he, Ralph and many others on this forum. The truth you bring is as authentic as that of CBS. Only difference is that they at least provided some forgeries against our elected President.<br /><br /> I cant just say I disagree flatly. Its easier just to play the same game as you only with less words to articulate. <br /><br />Have a nice day and try to enjoy a little freedom at others expense. :)

streadway

Seaman

if bush can be characterized as stubborn, then kerry can certainly be thought of as a traitor.<br /><br /><br />AT THE VERY LEAST KERRY WENT.HE IS INTITLED TO HIS OPINION.THERE IS A LOT OF THINGS THAT I DO NOT LIKE ABOUT THE MAN BUT HE TOOK HIS CHANCES.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

He went allright. To the enemy in a time of war, just as Jane fonda had done. They are both traitors. At least, Jane had the brains to appologise (not that the dead can forgive her), but I have a little more respect for her, than I do JFK, who called us war criminals.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Kerry was smart enough to realize that Vietnam was a disaster, then spoke out about it. I have no excuse for him meeting with the enemy. Nor do I have one for Rummy when he was shaking hands with Saddam. The people who are mad at Kerry for what he said about the war have been blinded by patriotism. It's not wrong the love your country, but it is wrong to sacrifice the truth in the name of it. <br /><br />Horrible things happened in Vietnam. It turned into a disaster, just like Iraq is now, and you people (not all) are still saying the same thing you were saying back during Vietnam. If you're against the war, then you are a terrorist (or VC) loving traitor. A perfect example of blind patriotism. Sorry, but I'll take truth over patriotism anyday.<br /><br />BTW, 12footer, what is this new anti-terror fighting tactic that you speak of? From what I read of your above post, you think that bringing more insurgents into the mix is considered an anti-terror tactic. I always thought the goal was to eliminate the # of people attacking us, not increase it.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /> Kerry was smart enough to realize that Vietnam was a disaster, then spoke out about it.
Forgive me for disecting your posts so often, but I feel compelled to respond to each sentance, and here I go again;<br />Kerry was smart enough to carry a camera and make movies when he was there FOR FOUR MONTHS. He was smart enough to pick a side and run with it into a history book he would love to burn.... That period of our history is something all sane Americans had best take head of. That war was virtually LOST by protests --- organized protests. Kerry was smart enough to know that Vietnam was easily being turned into a disaster, and speak out aginst "it"....."It" being America's role in Vietnam.<br />Hippies and the peace movement were his army, allied with our enemies. This strategy never won any wars, has lost many, and is devoid of any logical thought (if you are truely an american, regardless of political party).<br /> Our collective American brains were being fried by the drugs we took, brainwashed by the lyrics of the music we listened to, and hypnotized by the freedom of expression. Free love, free sex, make love, not war---- Yeah, I was there too. "Look at how many people are here!!" <br />"Look at that girl with no top on rolling a joint in broad daylight, and getting that cop to light it!!"<br />Kerry had his platform made to order .<br />He went to France and met with the VietCong (that was our official ememy). And He also stood before a senate subcommitee. and under oath, told them I cut off fingers and piled-up bodies (in the eyes of those viewing him on the CBS eavening news with Walter Cronkite..<br />
Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /><br /> I have no excuse for him meeting with the enemy.
Well there is just one reason you CANNOT vote for him, as the subject of this thread only adds to. There are many, but this one is amoung the most pointed reasons to vote for ANYONE but Kerry.<br />
Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /><br /> Nor do I have one for Rummy when he was shaking hands with Saddam.
1; You don't need one for "Rummy" ,as he ios not running for president.<br />2;You actually forgot to mention Bush #41, who also met the "Sandman" (BTW, it's very telling how you find cute pet names for our guys, but you have the respect to call the "Sandman" by by his proper name)...Who is it that you fight for,Scott?<br />3; The meeting took place years ago, when "Rummy" was AM-dang-BASS-I-DOOR, and was werking on a trade agreement. Yes, we actually did buisness with him before he turned upon his own population and gassed them!!<br />Keep bringing this up tho, as it gives me the opertunity to vent yet again upon the subject of your blatant HATERED FOR ALL THINGS AMERICAN!!!!

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Title of this post:<br />"Another Reason Not to Like JF Kerry"<br /><br />God, do we really need another reason? Aren't there enough already.<br /><br />Well, if you do need more, they are listed above. See 12Footer's post.<br /><br />12Footer, thanks for saying what a bunch of us feel. You are my new hero.