Another Cut Out Splashwell For Transom Replacement

G DANE

Commander
Re: Another Cut Out Splashwell For Transom Replacement

Oooooh I see its a tunnel hull. You must be going REAL fast. Mine is a deep V with 2 large shapes at the mid of each buttom side. Originally it had only 3 bulkheads - right word ? ( reinforcements going side to side ) one at back seat, one mid and one 3/4 up front. <br /><br />As I wanted more strength, I added 4 more in 3/4" ply glassed in, on advise from a boatbuilder, so now there is one for each feet, except from the front 2 feet, and the rear section. V is almost 1 feet deep. I will add stringers in the rear, with gussets, on top of the wood supports like yours. I was concerned it wasnt enough, as there still are no stringers, but I guess I shouldnt be then. Floor and inner sides are part of uppersection in one piece, screwed to bulkheads, so everything supports. The deep V probably gives the strengt itself, if it is just stabilized by the bulkheads. Buttom is only 1/4" glassfiber though, as I repaired a crack from standing on trailer roller with water in boat ( not in MY time ). I hope I can find a place to upload pictures, I will post some then. Boat is a UK made Clipper, I'v only seen this one.

v12mac

Chief Petty Officer

Any of you guys ever try Sea Cast for a job like this? http://www.transomrepair.com/ <br />A guy at work mentioned this stuff but I am skeptical.<br />Mac

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Only know what I've heard but it's all been good. Check the testimonials and some other web sites. I'd be interested in what ya find out.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty