Annoying pop up ads

mr geets

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I find the pop up ads REALLY annoying. Maybe once okay. Repeated no!:grumpy:

Thalasso

Commander
Re: Annoying pop up ads

I use Mozilla Firefox for any forum use. It has an add blocker that does a great job.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Try deleting your cookies and empty your cache. Worked for me......

Mel Taylor

Chief Petty Officer

I have to agree that the ads are sometimes distracting and annoying. However, I was in business for a good many years and my business, like any other business, had to have income to survive and to provide a service to my customers. The same applies to iboats. We who make such good use of these forums tend to forget that iboats is a business not a non profit organization. The pop-up ads help provide the revenue that keeps these forums operating. I really appreciate the information and help I've gained through my association with iboats. So, I'm willing to put up with whatever ads the owners of iboats deem necessary to keep the forums up and running.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been beat to death in many previous posts.

Here are your options.
1. Get some kind of ad blocking software.
2. Go somewhere else for free information to fix your boat. The information won't be as good, but probably won't have the ads either. Those ads are what makes this site free for you.

Summer Fun

Banned

+1.000 Don, :).

The next person that is crying about pop-ups should be BANNED !!!. :D

I'll say it 1 more time ... Its a known fact that IE doesn't play well with vBulletin Boards !!!!!!!

Get Firefox with AdBlocker Plus or Chrome with AdBlocker Plus or ANY OTHER browser with AdBlocker Plus and DUMP IE !!!!!. :frusty:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

+1.000 Don, :).

The next person that is crying about pop-ups should be BANNED !!!. :D

I'll say it 1 more time ... Its a known fact that IE doesn't play well with vBulletin Boards !!!!!!!

Get Firefox with AdBlocker Plus or Chrome with AdBlocker Plus or ANY OTHER browser with AdBlocker Plus and DUMP IE !!!!!. :frusty:

+100K How many times does it have to be posted?

nwcove

Admiral

Try deleting your cookies and empty your cache. Worked for me......

^^^ works great!!! tried software and other fixes, but ^^^^ thats the only thing that worked for me . ( google chrome)

foodfisher

Captain

Strange but true. I have to go from chrome to IE to avoid the popups , ad.double click, facebook interchange etc. Slower key response is well worth it.

matt167

Captain

I don't mind the ads but earlier today at least my firefox on Win 7 had a formattng issue with them. Some text was actually scrambled to the point it was illegible and popups were directly in the center of the screen with no close button... I'm on Suse linux now with firefox and it's fine. have not yet switched back over to see if it will still do it in Windows but it's fine here on Linux so I'm good

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander

I make it a rule not to do business, or buy products that are presented by pop ups. no matter how much I want it I can do without, I think if everyone did this, it would stop, or they go out of business. they only do it because it works, if it didn't they would stop. :noidea: btw I don't mind the ads for boaty stuff, that's one of the reasons im here

toneeees

Administrator

We appreciate the feedback everyone has provided regarding the consistency of our pop up ads. After many discussions, we have come to the decision to remove the pop up ad entirely for the time being.

foodfisher

Captain

I'm reasonably sure a roar was heard around the world. Again, you were the bearer of good news.

Vintin

Petty Officer 1st Class

We appreciate the feedback everyone has provided regarding the consistency of our pop up ads. After many discussions, we have come to the decision to remove the pop up ad entirely for the time being.
I'm getting the Ford pop up ever forth or fifth click on this site.
The pop ups have the opposite effect than intended. I now hate Ford products!

Last edited: