ANIMALS!

KaGee

Admiral
That's what they are... ANIMALS! Heard a few reports this morning of what went on in New Orleans overnight. This is outrageous. <br /><br />I say treat these vermon like the animals they really are. Evacuate all that need be, and lock down the city like a cage. Nothing in or out. Then let nature take it's course. Within two weeks the problems in the city will go away... naturally. We'll put them out of their misery just like they did Terry Schiavo... withold life support! Let's see how an automatic weapon stands up to dehydration, starvation, and disease. We could get lucky and they shoot each other first.<br /><br />This is not a troll... I am dead serious.

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: ANIMALS!

What in He!! can a looter do with a plasma TV in 6' of water???? How bloody stupid. I can see looting for food, med's and clothing, but electronics??? Ther is NO Power, and most electronics like TV's don't mix well with water.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Heard their pulling something like 1500 Police officers off of search and rescue to try and deal with the ANIMALS. Seems to me if any survivor dies because the cops were pulled off S&R the animals should be charges with homicide. No it won’t happen.......just a rant due to frustration.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

KaGee, I agree.<br /><br />You gotta remember that every city has their animals, and a hurricane wont "bring the best" out of them.<br /><br />I suggest the military use Apache helicopters as patrols.<br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral

LT, by today a whole lot more help will have arrived down there to help relocate those who need it. So, the Mayor's order isn't such a big deal. Day late and dollar short in my opinion.<br /><br />Haley Barber is the only leader down there with a brass pair. Notice, they are NOT having cops shot at in Mississippi.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Also, dont forget, New Orleans had a terrible crime problem already.<br /><br />Plus the police were notoriusly corrupt.<br /><br />Ken

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

yeah....and now the criminals will be coming to Houston!<br /><br />yes, there's a lot of good people who need help....but now their thugs will be in our city!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

The guys on the radio were talking about that. Amongst these people in the Astrodome will be people with warrants, drug addicts, gand bangers, and child molesters.<br /><br />Lets hope they have plenty of security.<br /><br />Ken

NYMINUTE

Captain

Maybe this signals "Time to Close the Big Easy!"<br />Of course they will relocate the problems to other cities. Barbour is the man, he as Kagee said has the brass one's. Maybe the white house will be in order.

aspeck

Staff member

Then heard what appeared to be an able bodied woman on the news today say, "I am a citizen and I pay taxes, so where is my help to get out of this place now. The government needs to be doing more for me." My response was, "Why didn't you get out when you were told so the government didn't have to spend extra $ and people didn't have to risk THEIR lives because you were too stupid to leave when you should have!"<br /><br />I know there were people that COULDN'T leave for one reason or another, and others teh storm caught off guard, but those in New Orleans KNEW what was coming. Those that CHOSE to stay should pay for their own evacuation now!<br /><br />And as for the looting, drop several trucks full of automatic weapons and let natural selection do it's thing.<br /><br />I know, it can't be done, it is not PC, not the thing to say, but it is frustrating seeing idiots ruining it for the people that want and need the help. The looters do nothing but cause people to not want to give donations or help. I wish a news reporter would have the guts to question someone this way.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Sure does make one angry. So angry that you wish passionately to do things that you would regret forever.<br /><br />I know that, and I am so angry that I want to do it anyway. :mad:

tommays

Admiral

its not like they ever set up a way for the poor to get out and a place for them to go BEFORE these things happen<br /><br />the people who could left.<br /><br />the ones who could not were left to fend for them selfs<br /><br />why were they left at the superdome instead of being bussed to a safer place <br /><br /><br />tommays

salty87

Commander

i find some of these 'kill em all' opinions to be harsh. as tommays mentioned, everyone who COULD get out did. there's a reason these people (most of them, but not all) didn't leave...they couldn't. there was no way out. now, there's no help. they were left behind to tough it out and that's what they're going to do. combine this with the fact that those left behind were mainly poor, under-educated, old, young, weak, sick, criminals from the jails, and tourists. <br /><br />there were no buses out of town. flights into town were cancelled on saturday so no more tourists were brought in. nobody thought about the fact that planes couldn't be used to even get tourists out!<br /><br />to top off being left behind for dead, now these people are soaked, thirsty, hot, starving, without medicines, sick, and surrounded by corpses and thugs in waist high water nastier than you've ever seen. they also aren't heing told what to do or where to go for help.<br /><br />stealing tv's and whatever else is the dumbest thing ever, no argument there. but, you're not dealing with the smartest group of people and these aren't anything near normal circumstances.<br /><br />it will only get worse...reminds me of the movie 'escape from new york'...the authorities are no where to be seen. i'm not blaming them as there is utter devastation all around, but those are the facts.<br /><br />one thing very different about this situation...usually, authorities can set up home base an operations nearby to conduct their missions....there's nowhere to do that here. everything is gone for miles and miles, have to start over. need to get everyone out.

KaGee

Admiral

We don't know Tom and those are questions worth asking, but regardless the reason they are there, it's no excuse to act like a bunch of heathen's (though some no doubtedly are).<br /><br />I heard a bit ago that the bussing has been stopped due to shootings at the SuperDome. I saw another interview that one company who was providing med flights had to withdraw paramedics from the SuperDome for the same reasons.<br /><br />Simply being poor or uneducated about hurricanes is no justifiable excuse for these actions in my book. Political correctness be damned.

KaGee

Admiral

This just in... Several networks have reported evacuation helocopters being shot at now.<br /><br />And we are supposed to understand this??? :mad:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

"Those who could get out did."<br /><br />Not entirely true, Tom. Many who could get out ignored the order, including a few interviewed on the media. It happens every time and a lot of people have died because they were too smart.<br /><br />Of course Monday morning quarterbacks can see what might have been done and wasn't. That is 20/20 hindsight, and it is useful for future plans, but useless in changing history.

tommays

Admiral

i dont even pretend to justify there bad behavior and would hope who every is caught gets what they deserve even if that means shooting anyone fireing a weapon on sight<br /><br />but i dont believe there has EVER been a case were the same thing has not happened so why be suprised this time ?<br /><br />tommays

ehenry

Commander

Haley Barber is the only leader down there with a brass pair. Notice, they are NOT having cops shot at in Mississippi.
I like Hailey Barbour. He's the man.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

There are people who will steal just because the opportunity is there. They don't steal for food or something that they desperately need... they steal because they are low-down, dirty dog theives and they should be shot dead wherever they are found.

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have been watching the news with horror at the devestation and the anger of survivors who have not eaten for days and have not seen any government response to there plight .One uk news reporter gave a desperate fisherman some money as they had no food or water to give ,the man simply thanked him and said money was no longer important as he had no means to spend it.Why not let the army deal with the looters and move the police back to evacuation,rescue and emergency supplie distribution. May god bless all affected and you shall be in my thoughts America is strong and by standing together no natural diaster will ever defeat her