Andersen windows. Trying to get creative here.

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
Not exactly technical but...
I have Andersen casement windows in my house and the window handle is made of an arm and a knob that gets pressed into the end. For some reason, I’m missing the knobs in about ten windows. Not a big deal but I want to fix them. The replacement sells for $7 online. Now, $70 isn’t a ton of money, but I pride myself on fixing stuff without spending anything :). I came up with this: electrical wire nut with a screw to hold it on. See below. I know it’s not perfect, but can anyone else think of something better? Thanks guys.

Attachments

• F78E01B2-B6E6-4235-950D-D7138F21F9E4.jpeg
    F78E01B2-B6E6-4235-950D-D7138F21F9E4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Creative and functional, but not so great in the looks department. I'd probably break down and shell out $7 to get something that looked nicer.

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
Totally agree. Works but doesn’t look great. I used the electrical nut to just show the size etc and wanted to see if anyone had a creative idea. Thanks.

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
How about a wooden dowel?
Buy a short piece and cut a bunch of them out.
If you want to get fancy, round off the end a bit and drill a hole through it. Bolt it on with an 8/32" machine screw and nut. Or I guess you could just hold in on with a wood screw, sort of like your wirenut picture. Then paint it gray.