and the winner is.........**** Durbin

Ralph 123

Captain
Re: and the winner is.........**** Durbin

That "idiot" has prevented another attack upon the US since 911. That's good enough for me. I seem to remember attack after attack during the reign of the "genius" Clinton. I guess he was too busy with his Churchill's or was it stogies? That got Kosovo bombed! Ya know, why actually attack an enemy of the US when you can aid them?<br /><br />Results are all I care about when it comes to the safety of me and my family. Maybe some of us Bostonians who regularly took those flights to San Fran see things a little differently that others?

Skinnywater

Commander

David L. Moore;<br />You did a lot of cutting and pasting to quote me but again you weren't paying attention. Shouldn't your arguements be in a Iraqi war thread?<br /><br />The only reference I made to Iraq here;
Under the circumstances we went to war in Iraq. The complete lack of evidence and the way in which it was sold the the citizens and the on-going propaganda in defense to the action in Iraq. I personally believe it was wrong, a mistake and against our founders principals.<br />
is my own opinion and not consistant with the "side" you keep trying to put me on.<br /><br />The balance of my numerous and lengthy posts were consistant to the topic. The detainees at Gitmo aren't Iraqi, they are AlQuida/Taliban.<br />Possibly in your eagerness to get in the mix or maybe you participating in the bleating (America baaaad....baaaaad)of your own sheep flock, you're exibiting serious confusion.<br /><br />I question the patriotism or sanity of anyone that doesn't recognise the war in Afganistan as a legitimate one. Durbin's remarks were specific to those detainees. Since Durbin has a hard time recognising the difference between Iraq and Afganistan, I suggested it was mental illness.<br /><br />Since PW can't bring himself to believe AlQuida/Taliban is capable of wrong-doing or at least be impounded as enemy combatants, obstinacy is the debate.<br /><br />David, you're good at flinging it out there and hoping that it sticks somewhere. And this isn't my way of using PW's own tactics on you. But seriously, your arguements as they apply to Afganistan, AlQuida/Taliban, just don't make any sense at all.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Thought I'd toss this email I received into the ring.<br /><br /> Subject: Response to Senator Durbin from someone who knows "Torture"<br /><br /><br /> <br />----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Senator Durbin, <br /> <br />As one who was held in a North Vietnamese Prison for nearly seven years and whose definition of torture and bad treatment is somewhat at variance with yours, I deplore your senseless comments about alleged "barbaric treatment" at our terrorist detention facility at Guantanamo. <br /> <br />Your remarks comparing Guantanamo to the regimes of Stalin, Hitler and Pol Pot are outrageous. I tried to think of why a rational human being could make such an outlandish statement but I keep coming up short. I thought I'd seen it all when Howard Dean performed his infamous scream in Iowa but your diatribe yesterday eclipsed Dean's moment of Hannibal Lecter lunacy. And your moment of pique will be infinitely more damaging to members of our Armed Forces serving in harm's way. <br /> <br />I noted, when searching for your contact information, that the first item Google came up with was al Jazeera's joy at your comments. You, sir, for having aided and abetted the enemy in time of war, have been relegated in my mind to the status of Jane Fonda and your colleague, John Kerry, as contemptible traitors. <br /> <br />I hope not too many of our valiant members of the Armed Forces have to suffer for your stupid comments. Shame on you. <br /> <br />This is copied to the Chicago Tribune's Letters Editor. It is blind copied to my family members from Illinois and to several military blog groups to which I subscribe. <br /> <br />Sincerely, <br /> <br />Paul E. Galanti <br />Commander, U.S. Navy (Ret.) <br />21 Maxwell Road <br />Richmond, VA 23226 <br />804.359.6366 (h) pgalanti@comcast.net http://www.nampows.org/pgbio.html <br /> <br /><br /><br />I guess this guy disagrees with PW about how criticism of Durbin is just a distraction from the real issue.