Anchor Roller Locker Solution?

davelovejoy

Cadet
So I was wondering if anyone knew of a good custom solution or a good purchase on a anchor locker and possibly a roller too? I have a old milk crate but the anchor flies all over the place and I don't have a tie down setup in the bow as its wooden. Any help would be much appreciated.

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant
Re: Anchor Roller Locker Solution?

So I was wondering if anyone knew of a good custom solution or a good purchase on a anchor locker and possibly a roller too? I have a old milk crate but the anchor flies all over the place and I don't have a tie down setup in the bow as its wooden. Any help would be much appreciated.

I used a soft sided zippered insulated cordura bag I got on sale in my other boat, and will probably use it in the inflatable too. The kind they sell for picknicks or construction worker lunches. It holds the line and the anchor and when it fly's around the boat the insulation kind of softens the blows to the shin. The shoulder strap also makes it easy to tie into place. I looked at the custom made for inflatables anchor bags here, and they were 140Euros, mine cost 7Euros at the building supply store, but it doesn't say "your BRAND NAME here" on it.

As far as a roller goes my old boat has a two inch thick rubber rub pad with a SS ring mounted on the bow so I haven't really thought about one.

davelovejoy

Cadet
Re: Anchor Roller Locker Solution?

Ya, I think the roller was a far fetched idea. But thanks, for the anchor tip.. I think I'll try that.