Anchor Mounting

Alpheus

Lieutenant Commander
I did a search and only found two posts on the subject but the links to the files don't work anymore.

The Chieftain I just bought has an anchor mounted on the roof. I don't like this idea because you have to walk up on the bow everytime you want to deploy or retrieve the anchor.

What are you guys using? I have seen some manual windlass winches, but how and where do they mount???

Thanks...

Starman8

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Anchor Mounting

I just removed an Anchor Pro power winch anchor off the bow of my 79 SS180 to paint the topside. It also has a switch to raise and lower at the helm. I have decided not to remount so PM me if you wish more detail on the subject.

The unit's guts(housing) was bolted into the bowcap with 3/4" marine grade as a backer underneath.

Alpheus

Lieutenant Commander

Do you have any pics of it when it was mounted?

sasto

Captain

Far as I know, Alpheus, your going to need a bow pulpit, a windlass, danforth anchor, and some wire. I use them, I've installed some, but never paid for one.$$$$

Starman8

Chief Petty Officer

This would be your view from the helm. The extension(pulpit) should hang just past the bow so when the anchor locks in, it doesn't touch the hull. Detached as in the pic, the anchor is not set.

Under the cover are the guts which bolt below the bow.

picture.php

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Look on the I-Net under ( LeeLock Anchor systems )they specialize on Aluminum boat anchors. Have a nice web site with a lot of photos of there product.

Alpheus

Lieutenant Commander

I like the way it mounts but it looks like you have to kick it off. Im looking to keep from walking out on the bow...

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

I have a large bullet type on my 22 Holiday I had to mount side lights as the anchor goes on the bow. Its heavy and what you see in the leelock site the tube slides out the front and is pulled up and will come clear into the holder I leave mine just up to where it turns back into the tube untill I finish fishing then pull it in completely and secure it with a safty pin. They are the only thing that will hold a big or small boat in a decent current and not drift. I should hang out far enough to not hit your bow. However they are not inexpensive I paid $340 wholesale for the setup. I did save my bow light.

Starman8

Chief Petty Officer

The mount extension on my power Anchor Pro is 12"

The unit bolts into the bow ca, the extension also rests on the bow for about 9" and the collector ring, end piece hangs over the bow and the anchor locks in off the boat.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

If that works for you then use it and save a lot of $ for a different anchor.