An Embarrassing Moment

gonfishn

Commander
Recently i purchased a new TrailBlazer LS series..It has all the bells and whistles including a different kind of phone system..ya push a button and a computer voice comes on. You talk into the mirror and give your number and talk away..<br /><br />Today I was talking on my new toy and stopped at a light..I happened to look over to my left and there was this older lady just staring at me like I was nuts. I continued talking after the light had changed and noticed she went immediately to the farthest left lane and kept looking at me and shaking her head..<br /><br />Then I realized why..I was yelling to a mirror for gods sake..Putting myself in her shoes she thought road rage was about to happen...<br />At the time I was arguing with a supplier who was late..<br />Next time you talk into your mirror make sure no one is around is all I can say.. :D

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: An Embarrassing Moment

I have one of those wireless bluetooth earphone things for my cell phone - I get the strangest look from people when I'm using that - I'm not sure if it's because it looks like I'm talking to myself, or the strange blue LED glow that comes out from behind my ear...

gonfishn

Commander

Yes indeed LadyFish...Folks can call me on it but at 89 cents a minute I try and keep it short if ya know what i mean.. :)

gonfishn

Commander

My bad ..I now run a business and can't divide..Its 41 cents a minute...You have to buy in blocks..I get 200 minutes for $82..I think thats right :eek:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

And I thought I was the only one that talked to strange things. :rolleyes:

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

ya, some folks talk to and even yell at their tools :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Don't use the phone when driving but I often have conversations with myself and occasionally address other drivers in gentle tones.

dolluper

Captain

Did she have purple hair, if so she did have a strange look on her face I'II hang up now

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

hey gonfishn, can you somehow connect a handheld cell to the already installed handsfree system?

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Mirror,mirror, on the windshield <br />who's the fairest fisherperson in the field? :)

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

At least you have your hand on the steering wheel. :D :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

My wifey got one of those Trail Blazers. She never bothered to have it programmed, because she likes her pocket phone. The button is there tho, and it will talk to Chevy road services for the next year or so without the 16per month fee.<br />Still, pretty kewl toys on that thing! My '02 Ram pickup is a very basic machine in comparison.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I tried that hands free stuff. People on the other end kept thinking I was getting into accidents. My service van is loaded with all kinds of stuff that rattles. With our roads is peepoor shape from the weather, it sounds like a scrape metal yard inside my van. I think the noise is making my hearing worse than the rock-n-roll days. I keep finding myself saying "Huh what did you say?" alot.<br /><br />If I was your supplier GF, I don't think I would want to upset you. I don't like being hollered at. :p <br /><br />As for cars/trucks having a button for emergency roadside service, that boggles my mind. A new vehicle shouldn't be breaking down. Is this a trend with a certain manufacture?

gonfishn

Commander

I think you can Roscoe but am not sure..I use my cell phone as much as possible because of the expense incurred when talking to my mirror..lol<br /><br />When working with the Amish I often use the navstar direction toy...Instead of using routes they often tell me to turn left lets say at the third mailbox and I am located three houses down from the red barn with the mail pouch on it..<br /><br />I travel alot now and if I tell the navstar folks ,on a long drive they will check in on me once in a while..<br /><br />It cost about $500 dollars a year to get the whole package not counting the phone minutes.<br /><br />Does anyone else have navstar here? The only thing it can't do is tell what lake the fins are hitting on :D