Americas worst Govenor

Laddies

Banned
Re: Americas worst Govenor

KaGee, After Engler I hate to admit that I am a card carrying Republican. I certainly did not say I liked Granholm either. As a small businessman from the north I hurt too. Yes I know that you flatlanders don't know that there is anything north of Detroit, but we suffer to and most of these budget problems Granholm got wished on her.--Bob

Link

Rear Admiral

Well at least most states "Unlike ours" have Elected Govenors...

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

Just for the sake of it, Detroits problems, especially for small bus., go back well before Granholm, and Engler. <br />Given what she had to work with Granholm is doing alright but the states economy is in pretty bad shape so any grading is somewhat slanted. For example, in an effort to recruit new employers to the state a large sum is being spent to repair a very neglected infrastructure around metro-Detroit. This is being done in anticipation of several high profile events coming to the area in the next few years, Superbowl (06), MLB All-Star game(05), NCAA tournament (07 & 08 i think). The problem is cutting taxes while trying to repair these things and balnce a budget that is very tight while continuing to lose jobs within the state. So this type of rating is not entirely accurate, although I wouldn't give her more than a C.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Fortunately for us we have a city slicker weenie for a gov. that don't accomplish much...the less progress he makes, the less damage he is responsible for. Nothing bad to say about him, as long as he keeps his foot shot up, we are safe. Chief

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Link:<br /> Well at least most states "Unlike ours" have Elected Govenors...
I think that went over everyones head Link. So you don't like the 'count till you win' technique of the Democrats, huh?<br /><br />Plus now that the Dems have control of both houses, I'm sure you like the flurry of Liberal BS coming out of Olympia?? :mad:

Link

Rear Admiral

Hi there Boomyal<br />Yup already talking state wide tax, no smoking in the entire state and raising our sales tax again.<br /><br />Hey have a great weekend down there.<br />As it can only get better :D

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Our disgraced former govenor John Rowland {R-CT} is being sentenced to prison next week. This guy was a scumbucket I'm glad to see him go. He resigned last July...he didn't have a choice he was going to be removed any way.........

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

What gets me is that Ohio has 3 well known cities. The one to the north and the one to the south wants legalized gambling. Taft has a strong pull with the seniors, so it didn't make the vote.<br /><br />This guy has raised taxes seems like every two years. He has built new school buildings to only cut their general fund. Fishing and hunting license has gone up 3 times in the last 6 years. Vehilce registration 2 times in the last 6 years. Now state parks will have admission fees. (I wonder if that applies to boat ramps at the parks?). <br /><br />I can't understand when about 16 years ago I got a check because of a surplus. Now cutting programs, major tax increases, and he wants friggen more? I said it before, Jerry Springer would made a better governor. I'm with KaGee though, Blackwell would do an excellent job.<br /><br />If I understand what Taft (decendant of president Taft) is trying to do now is give companies big tax breaks on new machinery. The trade off is taxing the outgoing product. Sounds like someone is gonna make out while someone gets screwed. <br /><br />Hopefully this coming election there will be a big turnout. There were lots of newly registered voters for the presidential election. So it should be interesting.