aluminum wheels stuck to hub

stresspoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade
the best thing i found for mating surfaces that are exposed to salt is a coat of spray contact adhesive from the hobby shop , that stuff seals the surfaces it is acrylic based so most petroleum products such as grease does not break it down.

to add , i also just loosen the wheel nuts and drive a few meters and the wheels generally break free , the red dirt we have here is notorious for corroding stuff together.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
I haven’t found a stickier grease than Evinrude triple guard. I put that on the back of my galvanized trailer rims and on the hub face of the brake drum. Remove once a year to re-apply.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
As a surf fisherman, corrosion is a major concern since everything you own and drive is subjected to the wrath of salt and sand on the beach.

I've found both CorrisonX and CRC 6-56 to work equally well on equipment. Even spray down the tackle lockers and boxes every now and then as preventative maintenace.

If you want something heavier that will not wash off for trailer use and or electrcial connectionson, Corrosion X HD is the answer.