Aluminium Boats

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Re: Aluminium Boats

Gluvit and Coat-it work very well, they're both flexible epoxies designed for that purpose.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

I fit is the rivets that are leaking just rebuck them, easy to do and doesn't take long.

I have used 2 steel hammers, put one out side and hold it against the rivet and smack the leaking rivet a few times from the inside, works 99% of the time.

reelfishin

Captain

I fit is the rivets that are leaking just rebuck them, easy to do and doesn't take long.

I have used 2 steel hammers, put one out side and hold it against the rivet and smack the leaking rivet a few times from the inside, works 99% of the time.

I also like to brush on some sealer around the loose rivets before rebucking them. It adds a little extra protection against leaks and corrosion. I still coat the insides of all my aluminum boats with Gluvit though just to be safe.

txmntman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hello, I used Gluvit on a restoring project on a 14 ft aluminum boat. I brushed it on both the inside and outside of the rivits. I have to say, I'm very impressed. It also works very well to seal wood before painting. Buy it, use it, it will serve you well.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

gluvit, is the aluminum boats best friend.