Alpha I Gen II to Gen I

Tubingluvr

Chief Petty Officer
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 23, 2007
Messages
426
Boat currently has no engine or outdrive....bought it that way....checked numbers off Mercruiser transom assy and determined it was a gen II....does it have to be replaced with a Gen II or will a Gen I bolt up?
 

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
19,551
Re: Alpha I Gen II to Gen I

cant cross-breed, GEN II to GEN II only, SEI 116 is the way to go
 

Tubingluvr

Chief Petty Officer
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 23, 2007
Messages
426
Re: Alpha I Gen II to Gen I

cant cross-breed, GEN II to GEN II only, SEI 116 is the way to go

Does that mean the engine has to be newer than a '91 also or is a pre gen II compatible?
 

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
19,551
Re: Alpha I Gen II to Gen I

engine can be anything with the 12 in flywheel., If the transom housing if for a GEN II ,it needs a GEN II drive regardless of the motor.the housing can be removed and a Alpha type installed with an Alpha drive or Series 1(MC1).
 
Top