komodo_goods
Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter- Joined
- Dec 31, 2023
- Messages
- 34
Hello,
So I have had a gear oil leak coming from my outdrive that has accumulated. and as it leaks, it fills up the orifice around the lower shift shaft and leaks out of the weep hole on the lower outdrive. Today I finally removed it to start troubleshooting and rebuilding. I did not conduct a leak test first, but I have found something interesting on the parts diagram that may be the cause of my leak—missing O-ring(s).
I say ring(s) because, according to the below diagram, there are supposedly 2 O-rings (item 33) in addition to the seal that holds in the ball bearing and spring on the upper unit side. I need some confirmation from anyone who has done this repair before to confirm if you did, in fact, use one or two of these O-rings when rebuilding the outdrive to seal the gear oil check valve from the gimbal housing to the upper housing.
Thanks in advance for your help.