Alpha and Bravo drives replacable?

Hoosmatroos

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello, just curious, when someone has a alpha or Bravo drive, can he change that to a Bravo/Alpha without to replace the transom parts?

If so, are inner transom plate, gimball housing, gimball ring and bell housing all the same?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Alpha and Bravo drives replacable?

Hello, just curious, when someone has a alpha or Bravo drive, can he change that to a Bravo/Alpha without to replace the transom parts?

If so, are inner transom plate, gimball housing, gimball ring and bell housing all the same?

Nope,... The Alpha, 'm Bravo transoms are Very different...

Hoosmatroos

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oke, thanks. But the Alpha one with gen II and Bravo I with Bravo II/III

Bondo

Staff member

Oke, thanks. But the Alpha one with gen II and Bravo I with Bravo II/III

Ayuh,... The Alpha 1 transom is different than the Gen.II transoms, they Don't swap....

The differences in the Bravos is the Lower Units, the Uppers, 'n transoms are the same...

achris

More fish than mountain goat

MC-1/R/MR/Alpha One... All interchangeable major assemblies (top housing complete, lower housing complete, gimbal housing complete.) Nothing on a Alpha One Gen II is interchangeable with anything else.

Bravo. All Bravo drives share the same gimbal housing and top box. What makes Bravo 1/2/3 different is the lower housing.

For the most part, no parts from any Bravo is interchangeable with any parts from any MC-1/R/MR/Alpha One/Alpha one Gen II....

Chris.........
(But I'm sure some smart-alec will point out that the gimbal bearing on these units is the same. :facepalm:)

Hoosmatroos

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oke, thanks guys. I was just curious but it's clear to me now :encouragement: